Failure?

Old 12-03-2009, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Failure?

I just phoned my kids and the first thing out of my 5yr olds mouth was "I need to tell you something." I asked what and he said "I do not want to live with you. I do not want to live with my mom." I had to hang up because I started crying. When he was here he was telling everyone he wanted to stay and cried when I had to take him back. What have they said to him to cause him to suddenly change his mind. I know they are not his words. He has always told me that he wants to come home. But it hurts so much that my mother has brainwashed him this much. I thought out of all the kids he would be the one she could not change his mind. Simply because he has always been so adament about coming home. I feel like such a failure and yet I have done nothing wrong. Why is it that I am continueing to be punished for my husbands crimes?

I had a ride for the JDR on Monday and found out last night that they have to cancel. So now I am rushing to find a ride for that. The JDR is important because it is to determine if I get the kids for Christmas or not. And it is 2 hours away. I don't drive. Man I can barely see through the tears to type. I just had to vent. Sorry.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

I'm so sorry you are sad, it just don't seem fair, does it!!!! i wish i had a magic wand to make make it all better for you but since i don't, i'll continue to pray and believe that in time all things will work out for you. ((((((NIKKI)))))))
Old 12-03-2009, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nikki

words hurt, but try to remember that hes 5.....and a 5 year old is not able to make those kinds of decisions...........no child can and they arent going to.

You keep doing the right thing, work on getting your kids home and dont worry about the words............I would assume you have a caseworker or someone who works with you and the kids, ,aybe they can get some therapy for the kids

I know when we were going thru a custody battle, I was so concerned with the other party was "putting in the childs head" and they were honestly telling him alot of things they should have been..........but in the end the therapist saw thru all of it ...........

Courts can also appoint guardian ad litems who work for the kids when they are in situations like this..........

Hang in there, and again I am so sorry you had to go thru that
(((HUGS)))))
Old 12-04-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just sending big hugs.