1 year out of that mess and we are great!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

1 year out of that mess and we are great!!!

Well, it has been almost a year since I left my fiancee who was addicted to narcotics and I can shout from the Mountain tops that I have made it!!

My baby girl is almost 2 and she is the love of my life, we are on our own in a beautiful home and I have treasures tucked away to be wrapped for her on christmas day. I never thought I would see this day and it is beautiful. We just had her Christmas portrait taken and she is amazing. My family is so supportive and loving and we have a wonderful life.

This was the first holiday that we went through as independent and healthy minded heart and soul. I met an awesome new guy who has been in my life for a few months and we knew each other from childhood and I even have the bonus of our families being very close. I feel that no matter what I go through he is patient and loving and doesn't judge. I am taking it slow I promise as you have all advised and I am very happy getting to know him.

No drama, no analyzing whether or not what his actions mean and he is a man of God in his heart and repspects us...so important.

Sorry I haven't been online to post...I was out enjoying life and today I remeber those who are stuck, where I was, trying to decide what to do. My advice is that life is so much better when you do what frees your soul and open your heart and have the faith to believe in yourself and take a chance.

Please get out of whatever is holding you back to live the full free life you deserve. If you are a parent, love but let God do what he needs to...I will never forget what ya'll did to counsel me through my trials and now that I am out of the fire...may we all find our light...

Love you guys so much
~me7
Old 11-29-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your recovery is being shouted from your post. Congrats!! Thanks for your very inspiring post.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this; just what I need to hear right now. To know that there is light at the end of the tunnel is so inspiring, it gives me the encouragement to keep moving forward. x
Old 11-29-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting...I'm one of those that needed to read this as I'm in the fire right now. Congrats and take care.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks SO much for the update!! I'm glad to know that things are going well for you and your precious baby girl!

I'm even MORE glad you came back to give others hope. I remember your struggles and am just tickled pink at how your life is now

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-30-2009, 01:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I too am glad things are going well for you. I know the transition wasn't easy, but it was still the right thing to do.

And thank you for sharing your light here. So many need that one seed of hope to begin the journey of recovery and making their lives better too.

Hugs
Old 11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

What a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing your message of hope and joy!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It has been more than a year since I left my addicted/abusive boyfriend and my depression and pain is still a huge obstacle. How did you get through the moments when you are alone and depressed and obsessed? Please share any "best practices" that you employed to help dig yourself out of that hole.

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

I went through a very shaky time where I had to rely on friends and family to boost me up. I started small like visiting my grandmaw and baking cookies and going to church. I had to disconnect from the magical thinking. I still fight the feelings sometimes that everyone is a mooch and I have to be careful not to be too independent now. I would say my best advice is to take it one day at a time and make a grateful list of everything you appreciate and keep it in your pocket. Someone here gave me that wonderful advice. Keep busy involve yourself in new hobbies and try to do something for yourself. You can make new friends by joining a book club. The idea is to keep busy and invest your energy in something else. Stop renting him space in your head that definitely takes time but works if you can create new experiences to replace old ones...love ya'll so much hang in there!!