SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   update from jeepgirl (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/188381-update-jeepgirl.html)

jeepgirl 11-11-2009 09:45 PM

update from jeepgirl

Hi old friends,
was feeling sentimental tonight, and thought I'd say hello. My family is doing very well these days. My daughter continues in her recovery, and is celebrating 18 months this week. These were very well fought for months, after many many attempts, from her first rehab at age 17 to her now being almost 24. Even with many falls, each time she got up, she got stronger. Now I hear her on the phone being a mentor to other young girls. I am such a proud mom.

I must say, my attitude about the world has turned upside down and back again. Its very difficult to be judgemental after having had this experience. I remember hearing people in naranon who were grateful for the experience, because of their personal growth. I never thought I would get there, but am growing every day. I am so grateful to have had this site here for me when I was desperate.
jeepgirl

Ann 11-12-2009 01:27 AM

(((Jeepgirl))) :c009:

I am so thrilled for you and for her, that your daughter has grabbed the lifering of recovery. Just goes to show that there is always hope, no matter how much they struggle to get there.

And yes, the gifts of our own recovery go far beyond dealing with the addiction of a loved one. I know that all areas of my life are better for having taken this journey.

Hope you will stick around and share your story with the newcomers. It's great when things get better, but so often the newcomers don't know that we too have been where they are and that things can and do get better, when we learn healthier ways to live.

Big Hugs :hug:

splendra 11-12-2009 08:21 AM

(((((((((jeepgirl))))))))))))

I was thinking about you just yesterday. Glad to hear your daughter is doing so well. You sound good too. God Bless!

marle 11-12-2009 02:15 PM

Congratulations to both of you Jeepgirl. Megan will celebrate 18 months free from heroin on November 27th. Tell your daughter good job for me. I know how hard it can be. Hugs, Marle

Serenity Bound 11-12-2009 03:10 PM

Jeepgirl, Congrat's to both you & your daughter!

Hugs,
Chris

greeteachday 11-12-2009 07:38 PM

I'm glad you stopped in Jeep and thrilled to hear that you and your daughter are doing so well. I understand what you men about the change in perspectivie and the way we live life. I'll bet your daughter too has wisdom and insight well beyond her young years. I've always felt that addicts in recovery are some of the strongest people I know.

HurtingDad 11-13-2009 06:30 AM

Wonderful news....give us all hope that our own addicts will find their way to recovery. Congrats to you and your daughter!!:c011:

jeepgirl 11-16-2009 10:37 AM

How nice to hear back from all of you. Glad to be here again.

Done_With_It 11-16-2009 10:56 AM

Hi JEEP!!!

I missed this the first time around! So good to to see you and hear from you!

<3