Hello Again! (Poking Head in)

Old 11-08-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello Again! (Poking Head in)

Hiyas ladies. I hope to be able to spend more time on these boards. Things are so busy with school. I'm in graduate school, working toward my MFA. This is my second year and things are so so so so busy. Sometimes, I don't think I have time to breathe.

Quick recap and update:

I'm married to a recovering meth addict. He's been sober almost 2 years now. He's also quit smoking (using lozenges and he's almost weaned off those as well). We're both working on getting healthier and fit.

His dental bills are still a pain. We've spent close to $2k on root canals, pulled teeth and so forth. Meth + teeth = bad mix.

I'm doing ok. I do have my moments, but I'm seeing a therapist on and off that has really helped with my sanity.

When I first came to this board, I had just given birth to a little girl. I found out he was using meth 1 week before my due date. Now, my little girl is 2. Things are good: crazy and busy, but good.

I'm trusting him more and more every day.

Some sad news: his uncle is in hospice. Since my husband never had a father, he was pretty much raised by his 3 uncles (and his mom). So, he went back to visit them yesterday. While he was there he went to visit our former next door neighbors. This made me really really uneasy as this is where he was doing the meth (at the neighbor's house - heck, practically everyone on that whole block was a tweaker).

Well, he did well, didn't give in to temptation. He's still clean and he really got a hard look at what his life used to be. The (former) neighbor is still doing dope and now his 19 year old son is doing it with him. (sad that people even want to try that stuff).

My husband really sat there and had long talks with them both and he thinks he made a dent, but in the end we ALL know that it all comes down to the addict's choice.

Anyway, I won't make this too long. I want to go play catch up on the threads. Just wanted to say HEYAS!

Lots of love and light to everyone: old timers and newcomers and those who meander off now and then and wander back to the forum.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ZW.... You sound GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Old 11-08-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

So glad you had a chance to stop in...I can't imagine how busy it is to work on your masters and raise a 2 year old! Glad you and your husband are both doing well in recovery. Don't be a stranger