Fighting for Custody part 3 million

Old 01-01-2010, 08:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Happy New Year, friends. Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers, and know that I'm sending up mine for you as well. Amy, how great to hear that Brit is doing so well. She's going to be one strong adult who knows her own mind. Funny how these young people help us to grow up sometimes. Big hugs and love to everyone.
Lisa xx
Old 01-02-2010, 01:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((Lisa))) - Happy New Year, to you, too!!!

Love, hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-02-2010, 07:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

sending prayers... this has been going on too long. i am sure in the end the right decision will b made. hugs,
Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks so much to both of you.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi friends.
Just a quick update. Wingnut went back to rehab again. I think this is the ninth one since we began this journey. It's the same rehab centre she went to for time #8. Apparently they were willing to take her back another time. It's a 28 day program and they offer support afterward with transitional housing and good things like that... last time she didn't take any of the aftercare support. Fingers crossed that she will this time, but no surprises if she doesn't. I have a feeling she just wants somewhere to stay that's away from Hairy Scary. But even if she's in there for the wrong reasons, it's better than many other places she could be, right?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

((Lisa)) - many people have gone into rehab for all the wrong reasons and found the RIGHT reason while they were there....we can always hope. Sometimes, just being away from the people, environment, etc. and being surrounded by recovery can bring about a big change.

Brit has turned against my dad and I...we are the enemies and she has really, really hurt my feelings. She's essentially moved out - has only been home 2 nights since Christmas, and one of those nights was spent screaming and cussing at us. I've had to go back into detach with love mode, but since I haven't seen or heard from her, I guess that is easy to DO, but hard to accept. She is one very self-centered teenager, and it seems like all the progress we made is gone, but I know it's not...she's just going through a "phase". I truly hope you don't have to deal with this with your niece. I don't think you will, because your niece has been willing to open up to you...Brit wants to stay angry.

Didn't really mean to hijack your thread, but figured if your niece ever gets to a point where she "acts out" at least you'll know it's not totally abnormal when these girls go through what they do. I think your niece is going to be the girl I wish Brit was. I still love her with all my heart, but darned if she can't find my buttons to push.

Giess that means I need to do a bit more work on me, huh?

I continue to keep you, hubby, your niece and your sister in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-16-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sister.........lets hope she makes progess this time, its always wait and see

AMy so sorry you and your family are dealing with the trouble with Britt, hopefully she will turn this around fast. But doesnt your dad and step mom have custody? Can't they make her come home? She is a minor right..................
You keep focus on you and try to take extra good care of yourself with this added pressure(((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Old 01-16-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

((Lies)) Brit IS a minor but only stepmom has guardianship and she is a QUEEN codie. She is why Brit is like she is in the first place...never wanted to tell her "no" and if dad DID, stepmom would go behind his back (when he was out of town) and let Brit do what she wanted. So, she's a child who's never really had to face consequences or boundaries...except from me. Now, when she gets mad, she screams and cusses so much, it's better she leaves because I can't calm her AND dad down.

It will be okay, she's just going to have to learn some lessons the hard way. I'll continue to be a role model (from a distance for now) and support her when she's doing right. If she gets in trouble, well, she's going to have to deal with that and I've told her that from the get-go.

((Lisa)) - I don't think you will have all these problems, I really don't. There is definitely the "teenage rebellion" but Brit goes beyond that and you and your hubby are on the same page. MY family, sometimes I think, isn't even in the same BOOK!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-16-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks (((Amy))) and (((liesagain))) -- Oh Amy, I am so sorry to hear about all the trouble with Brit. I'm sending all kinds of good thoughts your way, and her way, that this turns out well for you both and that your family comes back together in the end.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Sister, Hoping for the best as far as rehab goes for your sister, I don't know if it will "sink in and set" with her even if she does complete it, but..... miracles can happen I suppose.

I don't think you expected all this in your young age did you? ..... Instant auntie mom. Teens are indeed a challenge, but thankfully you are trained and a teacher of this special age group (you got a good head start). When my children were that age, I had always wished I could handle them as well as their teachers did, with such patient endurance. I thought I couldn't imagine having 50-100 of these beautiful beings everyday in the same room!! So believe me when I say you are gifted!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

((Lisa)) - I agree with ((NH)). I think teachers are absolutely awesome and truly gifted. I LOVE kids, but can't imagine having the talent, patience, and wisdom to do what you do. I can still remember all my favorite teachers.

I know it has helped you with your niece, but I also know it's different when it's "one of your own", not that you don't let your heart get involved with your students.

Still sending big hugs and prayers to you and your family, yes, including your sister

Amy
Old 01-24-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

NH7 and Amy, thank you both so much for your support and many kindnesses. You are such a great help to me when I'm feeling discouraged. ((((hugs))))
Old 02-19-2010, 10:39 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi friends, this isn't really an update because there's nothing new to say. Just more of the same... My sister says she's going back to rehab again. She keeps doing 28 days at a time for some reason. After 28 days she goes back to Hairy Scary for a few weeks during which she is all slurry and fuzzy, and then goes back to rehab for another 28 days. I don't know what she's doing... but at this point I'm glad to say I feel I've let go. I don't have any real expectation for change.