There has got to be a bette way...OT(little)

Old 11-02-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There has got to be a bette way...OT(little)

Hey guys....

I was just getting ready for work, and thought I'd throw something out there.

What was the dumbest/silliest/craziest thing YOU have done for YOU, trying to 'change' the things you can?

Ya see, I realize that I can't control the abf etc... so I guess I've been controlling/changeing me...

I had beautiful blonde (natural) hair, decided time to go dark. Not just dark, basically BLACK!.... yea, um... didn't work so well on my pale skin. So, before doing anything else crazy, (like the nose piercieng)... lol, I thought long and hard. Yep, back to blonde. well, 3 highlighting sessions later, I look like a frizz ball every day when I dry my hair!!!! It's flippin fried!

lol.

Anyhow, I've been conditioning the heck out of it, and (trying) to let it dry natural,and then pulling it back in a pony or a bun.... so that it dosen't look dead and lifeless hanging off my head!

What the heck was I thinking.

I guess some changes should just be 'internal'.

Love,
Cess
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well good for you. At least you tried something new, right?
Old 11-02-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well good for you. At least you tried something new, right? Well, it did not work this time. Don't let that stop you from trying something new later.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh Cess... I have visions in my head! OOOPS!!!! Hey, live and learn, right? I'll bet it made you laugh at some point though, huh??? And, I bet you turned a few heads! : )

Smile!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow! I fried my hair with too many highlights a couple of years back. After they grew out I made peace with my going gray. I still love nose piercings, though, and long for the day when I can get mine re-pierced.

So Cessy, keep on conditioning and getting a little trim and you'll have your hair back in shape soon.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If you had gone RED, you would have had the best of both worlds. All the fun of blondes and the respect of brunetts. LOL.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cess... I'm a big time hair changer! When I went No Contact with my x - I dyed my hair midnight black - to symbolize mourning - and a change that was going from internal to external. Essentially a reminder every time I saw myself in the mirror.

When I had my first baby - I literally cut off ALL my hair. My hair, at that time, went down as long as my bra strap on my back! Such pretty hair - but I wanted all of my "past" GONE! At that time, my hair held so many memories that I wanted to *forget*!

Anywho - I guess hair has always been my changing factor!

Sorry that your hair is on the fritz... I'm sure you know this - but less washing and more leave in conditioning is a good remedy!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

lol....

Thanks guys... I love hearing funny stories, it's so worth the pain of my frizzy hair, to get a good laugh!!

Abundance, it's funny about the symbolizing thing....(that is exactly what my pretty little nose is about). I got this with my daughter in August, (she's 20 today!!!!).
We said it was just another way we are connected.

The hair is always the thing I change the most, long to short, my natural curls to straight, up do's, and different color. P.s. painter, I did do red once, all I can say is YUCK!!! The red should be left to the naturals..............jmo!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

This isn't funny (sorry ) but I just dyed my hair too. Back to close to "original". I never did any crazy shades, just lighter/darker hightlights etc. All I want right now is to go back to finding and being myself. No symbolism for this girl. I just want to go back to feeling "normal". (Whatever that is!) LOL
Old 11-03-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

cessy, OMG I remember going black also, I didn't intend it to be black tho. God I wouldn't leave the house til I could get a hairdresser appt to FIX it! So much for saving $ by doing it myself.

I also remember the time my hairdresser put a relaxer on my hair, I ended up with a total head of FIZZ.

Then I turned to the flat iron, been doing this for years.
4 weeks ago, I decided I needed a change, felt that long hair just wasn't working for me any longer, felt it actually made me look older. yikes. Soooo, I decided to go shorter and leave it curly. People thought I got a perm, nope that's my hair. I like it!

As for your hair, I agree less washing, leave a little conditioner in it and trimming.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenity Bound View Post
cessy, OMG I remember going black also, I didn't intend it to be black tho. God I wouldn't leave the house til I could get a hairdresser appt to FIX it! So much for saving $ by doing it myself.

I also remember the time my hairdresser put a relaxer on my hair, I ended up with a total head of FIZZ.

Then I turned to the flat iron, been doing this for years.
4 weeks ago, I decided I needed a change, felt that long hair just wasn't working for me any longer, felt it actually made me look older. yikes. Soooo, I decided to go shorter and leave it curly. People thought I got a perm, nope that's my hair. I like it!

As for your hair, I agree less washing, leave a little conditioner in it and trimming.
I agree......... the longer my hair, for some reason, the older I look.... (dated almost).

However, right now, I'm really afraid of cutting it, because the ends, (which are still a nice shade of brownish) aren't fried, it's the top, where she put the big chunks of blonde, blonde highlights.........

I've acutally got bangs that I didn't want from the front pieces breaking off! oh my.

Plus..... there is the handy dandy ol' red-sox, baseball cap fix, when in doubt, I throw that on and I'm fine.......(can't do that with the short hair!)

Lol....

it's funny what us women will do for change!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I once royally messed up my hair when I was trying to color it myself. I wanted to go red, and it changed to the most incredibly fluorescent orange you've ever seen. I had to put on a hat and go to the hairdresser to get it fixed. It cost a lot, but it was really bad. Now, I only get my hair colored by a professional. Right now, my hair is completely natural. I haven't highlighted it, lowlighted it, or anything.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Nothing better for a pick me up than a "new do". I'm a redhead who once tried to go blond and ended up orange. It was not pretty, so I stick to a light red.

I don't dye my hair...I "restore it to its natural colour"

Old 11-04-2009, 01:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

I like the restoration, Ann!
Like all of you, I have a ton of crazy hair stories.
I love to change my hair when I want an internal change also, but yall are right, sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we planned! I think its a way of life teaching us that we don't have to take everything so serious. That in time, with self-care and humor, everything works out.
((Even my 'highlights' that the woman at the salon left in so long my hair turned white and fell out!! LMAO))
Old 11-04-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by breakingfree88 View Post
((Even my 'highlights' that the woman at the salon left in so long my hair turned white and fell out!! LMAO))

Yep, that's what is happening here!!!!!!!!!! Trying to get the brown out, big chunks of blonde, the dark wouldn't lift, so the bleach sat.... longer... and longer... now I've got WHITE blonde breaking-off highlights...........

oh well.....

live and learn!