The drug house next door.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry The drug house next door.

I'm just so freakin' ANGRY.

I managed to escape a really bad situation and marriage to my exah. I left my marital home, lost everything, and pulled myself up by the bootstraps.

I managed to buy a modest home in the neighborhood I grew up in and across the street from my parents. You see, my dad has alzheimers and its gotten pretty bad since I moved in 3 years ago. I don't regret moving here. I love it and I'm here to help my parents whenever and however I can.

But dammit...I'm just so angry.

About 4 months ago, a punk in his early 20s moved in next door. I sensed trouble. And then more punks moved in. Maybe 7 or 8. Loud partying at all hours of the night and the constant traffic in and out of the house. They've become so freaking blatant about whats going on over there.

Last night, as I handed out candy to young trick or treaters, I watched FOUR drug transactions take place.

On one hand I want to go over there in the worst way and tell them I know what's going on. I want to have bumperstickers printed up that say "I FREQUENT DRUG HOUSES" and put them on every vehicle that comes in and out of that place.

I won't. Because I'm scared of retalition.

I contacted the authorities. I'm praying that they will do something but the police dept in this town is severly understaffed and drugs are a big problem in this City. I'm probably just another statistic. And I'm pretty sure they will know it's me who turned them in because I'm the neighbor who has complained about the partying. I'm the BITCH next door. I honestly worry that they will poison my dog or do something to put me, our son, my parents, or my home in jeopardy.

BUT MORE THAN ANYTHING I'M JUST SO FREAKING MAD.

I worked so hard to escape this crap. To make a new, safe, peaceful life for myself and my son and now I've got a drug den under my nose.

There's just no escaping this crap, is there?

Honestly. No freaking escape.

I am so sick of drugs and drug users and everything that goes along with them. The disrespect...beer bottles in my front yard, loud parties at all hours of the night...The fact that I'm now fearful in my own home. To see them sit there and deal drugs out of their home as young children run through the neighborhood trick or treating was more than I could bear.

I HATE DRUGS.
I HATE DRUGS.
I HATE DRUGS.
I HATE DRUGS.
AND I HATE THESE YOUNG PUNK DRUG DEALERS.

I'm supposed to have compassion, right?
I'm not feeling it.
Not one bit.

Crap Crap Crap

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have a right to be angry! I would continuing contacting the authorities
on a daily basis. Where I live they have an anonymous tip hotline. I reported a drug house several years ago. They didnt bust the place for 3 months. I would call atleast 3 times a week. Sad thing is they will just pick-up and move to another neighbourhood. We all hate those punk drug dealers! Im sorry you have to contend with this.

ree years ago
Old 11-01-2009, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Oh I totally understand.

I still have compassion, but that does not stop me from turning them in. Turning in license plate numbers and descriptions of vehicles and person or persons in the vehicles. Went through that several years ago a few blocks from where I live. Sheriff's dept brought out a video camera and put it in one of my windows where they got good tape of the going's on at the neighbors and some vehicles and license #'s. Shut them down.

I did move only because I wanted a larger yard for the dogs and a smaller house.

It really does suck! I don't care what you neighborhood you go into now a days there are drugs and drug users and many times drug sellers.

If all else fails, fence your front yard also, and get a couple of well trained Rottweilers to do some snarling and growling. Your neighbors will start to take a 'wide berth' of your home.

In the meantime, prayers going out for you and your family.

I do understand.

Love and hugs,
Old 11-01-2009, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
turning red!

oh my, and you were just talking about "neighbouring drug house" earlier in my thread....
So sorry to hear that and yes it really trully S***S!
i can't understand how people are being so disrespectful.
i hope the police will hear you and do something about it.
anyway, i don't understand about "authority" sometimes and that just drives me crazy. Why don't they do something when it's so obvious and up your face...
Like last time, when i went with Rain to the court house. Guess what? A drug dealer was INSIDE the court building, preying on anxious addicts waiting for their sentence. I mean how crazy is that?!!! (and i know that because Rain was crazy enough to actually score INSIDE the court building)
anyway, i talk too much but as you can see i'm so mad about that crap too!!!!
Take care!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can certainly understand how you feel. I had my rent house rented to AH "nice" friends a few years back. Nice not!!!!!! A true drug house that had at least 10 cars parked every Friday. I went down to the house and low and behold a ton of people all sitting on their sectional smoking pot. Needless to say I was highly POed. I called the local police (tiny town here) and nothing much was done. Everyone grew up with everyone.

I did however find the number for the DEA, county drug enforcement. These are fantastic people and will keep you out of it. I would give them a try if your police dept. does not help. You need to remember it takes time for them to get all the evidence and then a search warrant.

One thing-our little part of town does not have any druggies now.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I would gather all the information I could safely gather and contact Crimestoppers, who will keep you anonymous, and maybe the Chief of Police. Maybe even put it in writing so you have a record of dates...then hit the media with it, asking to remain anonymous too.

They won't stay if the heat gets too heavy.

Just be very careful and keep yourself safe.

Hugs and lots and lots of prayers that they move.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Just be very careful and keep yourself safe.
Agreed! You never know nowadays, unfortunately.

Are they renting? If they are, perhaps complaining to the owner's of the property might help - especially if more people are living there than are on the rental agreement.

I feel your pain though. My next door neighbor deals. In fact, he was my husband's dealer when he was using drugs of the non-prescription variety. My mom always told me to not hate anyone.....but man, let me tell you, I have extreme, extreme bad feelings (if looks could kill) for this man who puts up a front as a family man, always drives the nicest, newest cars, sells from his place of business, and seems to care little that he helps people ruin their lives. Yes, I've made anonymous complaints also, to no avail (yet).

My husband is now working his program and knows how much I hate this guy. But, he tells me that if he wanted drugs, he'd find them, no matter if it was the guy next door or not. And that maybe the neighbor has a problem himself. Whatever, problem or not, feeding off the destruction of others is just not right!!

Hoping you soon have better neighbors.......I wish we all could escape it.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((OOAL)))))
I hate drugs too...
I hope they shut them down real soon. Please be careful.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hate drugs so much I can hardly see straight from my anger.

HATE
HATE

There are loads of other things to do other than take bloody drugs. GET A HOBBY!

I'm really sorry...you don't deserve it....There should be designated areas where they all have to live next to and put up with each other.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((OOl)))Can you build a privacy fence? I am really sorry this is happening after all you have been thru.

Calling the police probably won't stop it maybe it will stir up the nest though. Personally I would rather see drugs legalized and sold at controlled outlets because the "war" is not being won if anything it is getting much worse. At least their would not be such a prevalence of drug houses in neighborhoods if drugs were made legal.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I always brace myself when my landlord loses tenants again out of one of his many rentals on this block because it seems he rents to worse people every time, often transients for the most part, and drug/alcohol problems galore.

I've lost count of the times police have been in this neighborhood. One of my goals after graduation and landing a decent job is looking for another place.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks ya'll for your support. It means the world to me.

I've done a number of things to deal with this situation all the while trying to protect my identity even though I know they'll think it was me causing trouble.

Active members of our neighborhood watch are on alert.
The president of our neighborhood association sent a letter to the homeowner and tenants letting them know that their behavior is noticed, unwelcome, and that the appropriate authorities have been notified.

I'm an attorney and I represent the Sheriff's office in labor issues. I've got a call into the number 2 guy to tell him about my plight and ask that this house be dealt with swiftly.

I'm blessed to have these resources and this support at my disposal.

I sometimes think to myself I should feel compassion as I know these punks are actually someone's son, brother, grandsons, etc etc. I know that behind every one of these punks is a family that loves them and suffers.

I fully realize that even if I'm successful, they'll open up shop somewhere else.

I'm still a little fearful but I refuse to sit back and do nothing.

The bottom line, however, is that i"m just so sick of this whole epidemic. It destroys the very fabric of our families, our neighborhoods, and our society and sometimes I just get so tired of it all.

Anywho...thanks so much for letting me come here to vent.
Much love and appreciation to all of you.:ghug3
Old 11-02-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Limb, you are such an inspiration to me. I think we codies have been overwhelmed by addiction and sometimes it's hard to fight for ourselves even one more time. You did, and you're my hero.

And I can tell you, if it was my own son living next door to you, I would cheer you on and pray that action follows swiftly.

Hugs
Old 11-03-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i used to have a severely disturbed crackhead living in the condo next to mine. he was out of control and he was dangerous. I called the police at least once a week. The police told me too. They said that was there job.

Don't give up calling the police because that is the only recourse you have and if you call and report strange activity, loud partying at night, anything out of the ordinary - the police have to show up. They may not be able to do anything about it but it will put pressure on the tenants and the landlord too and eventually the tenants will move out.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

ooal, I can feel your anger, and understand it 100%. Good for you for standing up for yourself & your neighbors. I pray that your resources come thru for you.

Meanwhile, stay safe!