No Chaos this week

Old 11-01-2009, 03:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No Chaos this week

It's been a week since I have talked to AS. Changed the locks on the house, served him the notice of trespassing for our business and home. I will no longer allow his chaos in our lives. I know this is the best thing we can do for us and him. Got my credit card statement on friday, again last month he went to adrug store wracked up $500.00 worth of gift cards. ( he sells them for 1/2 price for drugs) spouse called the credit card company, again he is going to be charged for fraud. Very clever he put the card back in my hiding spot. I truly love AS, but this is not my son he is a shell of a person with no conscience right now. For once this week I have felt at peace with my decision. He may never recover, but what has taken place the last 5 years nothing has changed. He has gotten progressively worse
what I realize after 5 years is that by helping him with anything has only helped him to keep this addiction alive.
He needs to feel the consequences and pain of his addiction. I am praying he hits his bottom. He has burned every bridge with the people that love and care about him.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Katie.

I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how much all of it must hurt.
I'm saying a prayer for you, your family, and most especially your son.
You're doing the most loving thing you can do in this situation by letting him experience the consequences of his addiction.
But I know it must hurt.
Big old hugs and prayers coming your way today.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HI
Well it also been a week since my 19 yr old AS left.... So we are in similar situations...
He must be ok or I figure I would of heard something...
Stay strong...WE are both doing the right thing for them to get well!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by katie44 View Post
He may never recover, but what has taken place the last 5 years nothing has changed. He has gotten progressively worse
what I realize after 5 years is that by helping him with anything has only helped him to keep this addiction alive.
He needs to feel the consequences and pain of his addiction. I am praying he hits his bottom. He has burned every bridge with the people that love and care about him.
Katie sending you some big hugs! We are in almost the exact same spot with our AD. While he may never recover, it sounds like YOU are moving in the right direction. Stay strong!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Keeping you and your son in my prayers Katie.

You are doing the right thing, paying consequences may actually save his life one day.

Hugs
Old 11-01-2009, 11:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Katie)))

I can only imagine how hard this is for you, but I believe you are doing the most loving thing you can do for your son. Those darned consequences definitely made using a lot less appealing.

Hugs and prayers for you and your son!

Amy
Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can't explain it its like a bolting light hit me. I feel totally at piece with this decison. Maybe I had to hit bottom to realize the errors I have made. Unfortunately there is no manual on how to deal with addiction with the ones we love, for some of us it takes longer. I pray for all the people suffering from addiction and there families. This site has been a blessing for me for me. I can't thankyou all enough.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

.....This site has been a blessing for me for me. I can't thankyou all enough.
DITTO for me!

(((Hugs, Katie)))
Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I can't explain it its like a bolting light hit me. I feel totally at piece with this decison. Maybe I had to hit bottom to realize the errors I have made. Unfortunately there is no manual on how to deal with addiction with the ones we love, for some of us it takes longer. I pray for all the people suffering from addiction and there families. This site has been a blessing for me for me. I can't thankyou all enough.
Good postings and good example of recovery. It's uncanny how similar so many of our situations are.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Prayers heading your way, Katie44. You did the right thing. Truth be known you are probably saving your son from worse consequences by reporting the fraud!

It is such a difficult decision to make, but it has to be done.

Prayers and hugs to both you and your son.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 11-03-2009, 07:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

he is not hopeless...but not ready
Good thing you stepped out of the way betw. him and his bottom.

Now you can focus on recovery-ing from what addiction has cost you.
My son is sober and we have the relationship I always wanted...only because
I learned all I could abt. myself through al-anon...we both changed.