detached and happy

Old 10-29-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

detached and happy

Well it has been a journey to say the least. Hope everyone is doing well. I have been happy and at peace and it feels good. I have let go of all the anger and disapointment I felt for my ex-addict. I still talk to her and I think she is doing good. I am going to eat lunch with her tomarrow. I know I feel better because I am not getting the crushing feeling in my stomach about this outing. I have accepted the things that have happened in our past and I know I cant change them. I feel like my universe has corrected itself in a short period of time LOL. If you have read some of my posts you should know I was as confused as the rest of you out there. Working on YOURSELF is the best thing anyone can do in these situations. I know it is easier said than done, but I knew if I stayed on the right path things would get better. I am at that point were things are getting better. I still worry about her and hope the best for her, I even text her every morning to have a good day. With that being said I have gotten on with life and it feels good. I dont know what the future holds I just know the direction I am heading. I wish everyone the best.

tyou
Old 10-31-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think lunch went good. I feel like we left the emotions out of it and we enjoyed each others company. When we talked about things that were going to go into a bad place, I just said I dont want to talk about that right now. I just wanted to have a nice lunch and be supportive. I feel like I accomplished that. I also feel like she felt comfortable around me as well. I dont feel like I have to call today and see how things are going. This is a good feeling. I am just going on with my day. I dont know when we will see each other again, but I know it has to happen. I just thought I would update.:praying
Old 10-31-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad that everything went well. Enjoy the day.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
IPT

good for you. It's a good place to be. Wishing you both the best.