Ot- octo mom loses weight

Old 10-25-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ot- octo mom loses weight

OT - Was standing in an endless check out line, at the grocers, this afternoon, catching up on the news. One of the headlines " How Octo Mom lost 145 pounds" caught my eye.

Well having 8 babies probably had something to do with it, ya think.

Just got me to thinking how we give credence to people who make some gosh darn poor decisions.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
Just got me to thinking how we give credence to people who make some gosh darn poor decisions.
My first thought is when I read these things is how the media plays on people who actually believe this crap.

And, I agree.... what a stupid decision.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Did you ever notice that the cheesy weight lose ads always picture those that look like someone who had just had a baby?
Of course they lost weight...they just had an 8 lb baby!

And don't you just love the before and after facial expression?
Old 10-28-2009, 02:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This is also a reminder for me that there is no such thing as the "instant fix". If I need to lose weight, my best bet is to follow a safe and balanced eating plan and maybe add some exercise. I know that, and yet my eyes are drawn to the ads that say "lose 10 pounds of belly fat in a week".

Hello? Where else would I want to lose it, my knees? And I may even lose 10 pounds in a week, I did last year when I had the flu, but it didn't stay off because it was mostly fluids and didn't include an ongoing "recovery" plan to keep it off.

Same with the wrinkle creams! Don't show me a 20 year old model with flawless skin, show me a codie who's been through years of hell and back again who earned every one of those "character lines"

Someone stop me please, LOLOL, I'm on a roll.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh Ann, I just had a lightbulb moment!!!!! Everytime I look in the mirror, I wonder what happened. I feel like I have aged 20 years in the last 7. now I understand why.I have spent a fortune in creams and lotions. Ha. But I will keep on fighting the battle, hope lives on.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am thinking that last time I got a `new do` I showed my hair stylist a picture of the hair style I liked...and told her that there would be a big tip if she could make my face look like the model`s too.

I fault and credit the media, showing all the beautiful people as 20 year old skeletons who take thin to the extreme.

I maintain that I am a dead ringer for Nicole Kidman...if you just add 30 pounds, cut her hair and make it red, add a few wrinkles and dress her less elegantly

Recovery taught me to love myself, warts and all...wrinkles and all,and just accept that Mother Nature has been distracted by all those Hollywood Ann wannabe`s.

And first one to say `but you have a nice smile` gets the steel toed bunny slippers right in the shins, ha ha.

Hugs
Old 10-28-2009, 05:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Same with the wrinkle creams! Don't show me a 20 year old model with flawless skin, show me a codie who's been through years of hell and back again who earned every one of those "character lines"
Amen to that!! Often I find myself looking in the mirror, and I become frightend. I wonder how come I'm looking so 'tired'/'ageing'.....when I never had that issue. Then I know, it's the lines of dealing with an addict in my life. It TRUELY ages you!!

Perhaps we could make some codie-cream and market it properly......???? LOL

Love,
Cess
Old 10-28-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

instant wrinkle stopper and hairloss solution.. kick that addict! lol