Me too update!

Old 10-24-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Me too update!

Hi everyone,
Haven't been around much, been running around like a chicken with my head off.

Not much new, oldest (36) Casey, is in prison for another year and a half, and I am not sending any money, although I did order him a pair of tennis shoes. He called a couple weeks ago, and proceeded to begin to ask for money, and I ended up hanging up on him, and will not take any more calls.
Let him write.

I explained to him all my extra money is going towards the clothing, and feeding of his son when he is here. NOT that I need to do that, the baby's mom will more than be happy to provide me with what I need. But a Nana has to shop, right? LOL I have the baby, on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Saturdays so the mom can attend college and work. Sometimes LONG days.....

Anyway, I refuse to be abused and used, so no more calls.

Meanwhile, the other son, (31) has had some strange things going on, like not coming home until the wee hours, and saying he was mugged....hmmm.there's that gut feeling again.
But he lives an hour away, and comes over occasionally to help his dad do something......

He has struggled to find a job...finally had an offer the other day from a man who bought my husbands old car. So please if you have a second, please put in a prayer that Brandon gets the job, I'd appreciate it. Although IF he is using that nice job won't last long, would it?

Miss you all...
Old 10-24-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Moose,

Sounds like you're doing great!
And son #1 will learn to write or do without hearing from you. I've had my share of hanging up on abusive phone calls, so, kudos for you!
Prayers that son #2 gets that job and keeps it because he's doing the right thing!

Glad you get to watch the baby, even as I know it can be a long day. And Aiden is a beauty!

Keep doing like you are, Moose. You remain and inspiration and a source of support.

Shalom!
Old 10-24-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Moose

Great to get an update on your "charmed" life. Sounds like you have all situations under control. Good for you, girl!

Don't you love those "send me money" phone calls?

Is Casey in Big Boy Prison or fire camp? My son's last trip was in a fire camp a couple of hours from here.

I remember those abusive phone calls where I would just flat hang up on him, and he would call and call until I finally just would unplug the phone. At that time I wasn't strong enough to do the "won't accept calls anymore" thing.

Why would the younger son say he was mugged? Was it because he came home so late (early) or was he hiding something else? Gosh I hope it was because he just came home late and not the latter.

Good comeback to Casey when you said, "any money is going for the care and feeding of HIS son!" Gosh don't they ever get over that "ME, ME," behavior!

It's great that you have such a good relationship with the daughter-in-law. She sounds like she has it together. Thank the Lord!

Are they still together through all this?

Prayers heading sons way that he gets the job, as I know jobs are really hard to find lately. More prayers that if he does get it, he keeps it!!

You keep up the good work, Nana!

Hugs & prayers, Devastated
Old 10-24-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((Moose))

Wow, it's good to see you back...I've missed you..especially on "our" birthday!!!

I'm glad you put Casey in his place, are getting to spend lots of time with the baby, and I hope that Brandon gets the job and KEEPS it because he is doing the right thing.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-24-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I believe, (and somehow us moms seem to know this stuff)...that the youngest is still dabbling in drugs.

Why else lie, or feel you don't want your GF to know where you are, or where you're going? Do sober ppl do that? The mugging was just a bad excuse cause he was gone all day, and didn't return home until the early hours of the night. By the way...it's the THIRD time he's been mugged, he needs a new lie, honestly.
It's just a darn shame since he has a wonderful girl that loves him dearly, and she is taking her state boards next week to be a Nurse.

Funny thing about addiction, it just doesn't care who loves you.

Casey, the oldest is in Big Boy Prison Dev, and him and the girl aren't married. Unfortunately SHE is only 20 and he is 36.

Missed you guys....

Hugs to all