Fine

Old 10-15-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fine

Yeah right.... I have been struggling with a conversation I had with another mom who my son plays soccer with her kid. She asked me if I had a boyfriend. I told her yes and left it at that. Well, she then made the statement, "Oh, I didn't know... I was gonna ask you if you didn't have one if you were interested in meeting an attorney friend of mine who is single." Well, I told her I appreciated her thinking about me and that I declined.

It was literally a 30 second conversation and it wasn't this conversation or what she said that bothered me though...

It was me thinking about being in this relationship while RABF is in rehab. He has 51 days thus far. I guess the mention of her introducing me to someone else and him being an attorney (having a job) and being successful really hit me. I started crying my eyes out. I was doing fine with moving along with RABF making progress in rehab and me taking care of myself and enjoying my son and his soccer games. I was okay with not having anyone around and knowing this part of the recovery process. I was okay with being alone (I welcome the peace actually).

And then wham... this conversation threw me off base. I started questioning this relationship all over again... going into the what if's... the anger.... the past... the hurt....and the anxiety is freaking overwhelmin.

Then, I woke up this morning and got a grip. Thank goodness.

I guess I'm just venting....thanks for listening. I just had a rough day.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
IPT

I'm glad that you worked thru it. It is amazing how such simple things can trigger us and throw us off our game, being stable and focused. If you thought everything thru and are on track to being where you want to be, then all is good .
Old 10-15-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks IPT... I just got angry all over again but then I had to realize that I needed to get myself together. It gets easier and easier each day to deal with the situation that I'm choosing to be in. It is what it is for the moment. That's all I can bank on for now.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Even single attorneys can have addictions or character flaws.

I'm guessing that it was more questioning your own life here, and where it is going, yes?

The thing is, we get to make our choices as we go, nothing has to be decided in one day. And when we know better, we choose better and it never depends on the other person but simply on what is in our own heart.

Hugs