SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Prayer Request (OT) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/186273-prayer-request-ot.html)

Serenity Bound 10-13-2009 11:35 AM

Praying for both you & your son.

BBD 10-13-2009 11:47 AM

Positive energy and love sent your way..Prayers from NY~~~

lightseeker 10-13-2009 05:01 PM

I definitely feel the love and the prayers. Thank you each of you so very much. I truly love my SR community.

Jake is about the same but thankfully no worse. The pulmonologist is coming tomorrow and hopefully he will have some new ideas. I'm trying my best to take decent care of myself. I just took oldest son out to dinner to remind him that he is loved and has a momma too.

The therapy dog came into his room today and spent an hour snuggled up to him in his bed. Huge smiles from Jake and greatly lifted spirits. Ex-husband and I are working well together and that's nice.

Thank you again for all prayers! Donna

greeteachday 10-13-2009 05:07 PM

Still praying for you and your family...Lots of gentle hugs too. What a wonderful Mom you are!!

imallright 10-13-2009 05:12 PM

prayers and hugs to you.

Impurrfect 10-13-2009 05:48 PM

((Donna)) thanks for the update. So great that he got a visit from the therapy dog, and that you were able to take a little time for you and your other son. Still sending many hugs and prayers for you all!!

Amy

itisatruth 10-13-2009 09:02 PM

:praying and thinking of you all

marle 10-14-2009 03:43 AM

Sending prayers Jake's way for a speedy healing. On the news I heard that doctors were having some luck with a treatment that is used on preemies where the blood is removed from the body and oxygenated then replaced. Just thought I would put that out there. Hugs, Marle

breakingfree88 10-14-2009 04:45 AM

Sending prayers your way from Northeast North Carolina. H1N1 has really hit us hard here! I'm sorry that all of you are going through this. Love and hugs

MsPINKAcres 10-14-2009 06:17 AM

Love the way that pets are used to encourage sick patients -
glad it lifted his spirits.

still praying for him and all the family!!

HUGS,
Rita

lightseeker 10-14-2009 01:19 PM

thank you all so much for your notes, kind words, and prayers. We're still here but the pulmonologist came by today and has switched things up a bit....maybe tomorrow he'll be buffed up enough to go home but I'm not rushing it.

The therapy dog owner is sick today so no pet healing. Jake felt a little down today so we created our own fun. The docs wanted him to walk around to help his lung function so we did. But first we went by the gift store and and bought a little stuffed daschund dog and peaked his head out of a bag and held him like we were sneaking in a real dog. We fooled so many different people throughout the hospital and had so much fun!

Thanks for the continued healing thoughts. He is still wheezing really badly but is improving.

Blessings all! Donna

bluebelle 10-14-2009 01:37 PM

It sounds like you provided nice recreation time for your son. I hope he continues to improve. I'm sending prayers his way.

Serenity Bound 10-15-2009 09:24 PM

Still praying for all of you.

Abundance 10-16-2009 02:18 AM

LOL Donna! How much fun is that?!? Making the best of what's around - for sure! :)

Sending healing vibes to your boy! :)

xoxoxoxo

outonalimb 10-16-2009 03:20 AM

Aaawwww...how sweet.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers..

lightseeker 10-16-2009 04:10 PM

well....we're finally home. He's wheezing to beat the band and still feels crummy but is heading slowly in the right direction.

Thank you again for all the prayers!

PS the real dog was rather freaked by the fake dog when we brought him home

bluebelle 10-16-2009 04:16 PM

I'm glad he's home!

Serenity Bound 10-16-2009 05:55 PM

That's wonderful news!

greeteachday 10-16-2009 07:01 PM

So glad he is home...now he can really start to heal. It's hard to rest and recover int he hosptial with things goign on 24/7. Continued prayers for you and your boys. :hug: (and the real dog too :) )