Enough...

Old 10-04-2009, 03:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enough...

Hi Everyone,
I joined this sight in 2004, probably lingered and watch before I made the move and posted. It was at a very dark place in my life, my thinking and behavour was so twisted, I didn't know which way was up or down. I guess the only way to discribe it was, I was in the fog. The welcome I had here was so overwhelmng, I was greeted and treated with such kindness. Nobody here judged me, or lashed out. Once I gathered up the never to post, I was treated with the most respect and kindness. I was in the midst of crazness and my thoughts and behavour where off the wall.

I have to say that this board has changed so much, I know for myself if I was still at the point of just watching and reading before I became comfortable enought to post...there is no way I would do it today. There is just to much high opionated remarks.

There is no way if I was lingering, reading the posted that I would join in for any sort for comfort. We have lost some great members....though it can be from so many other reasons as well.

So for now I am sighing out of SR, just for my ownself.

Rose

My friends, these are my issues and not intendended to lash out. My only hope is that this board comes back to the place it once wad
Old 10-04-2009, 03:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes Rose....
I remember when you joined us.
Your participation has been appreciated.
I'm sorry you have decided to leave us.

I'm really pleased you found SR beneficial during your
stay with us. It's true....members come and they
go....for many reasons.
Bless them all on their journey.

You are always welcome to come back anytime
you choose to.

All my best as you move forward...
Old 10-04-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((((((((Rose))))))))))

Love ya...
Wishing you nothing but happpiness and peace in your life.
I'll miss ya ! I joined shortly after you did and I've always loved your input and learned alot from you too.

Best wishes Rose !!
And enjoy that trip with your boys !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am grateful to a handful of posters whose posts take me outside my own comfort zone and reinforce that I have the power, within me, to change me.

There is an incredible balance of tea and sympathy and the smack upside the ole head wake-up call going on here.

I have as much control over someone's response as I do over my daughter's choices.

Taking what we need and leaving the rest is what this forum and life is all about, to me.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes taking time off is a good way to recharge. The cycle of personalities here changes often and sometimes the loudest voices are those in the most pain. I try to remember that I do not know the real "tone" behind a post (one of the reasons face to face support is another critical part of our recovery) and also that I don't know the whole story or the person's intent. I think all of our members truly want to heal and help others heal and what works for one won't work for another.

We hope that members will share experience strength and hope rather than tell or SHOUT or attempt to control. For me, a huge part of my need for recovery was to learn how to stop trying to control others. So I suspect some of the shouts and demands and shows of control are just sysmptoms of the work that is still needed to find that place of peace.

One of the little phrases I try to remember when I interact is Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.

Be well, Rose and I hope to see you back again soon
Old 10-04-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to see you go Rose. You have always had such a gentleness in your posts. I see you as a real lady which is rare in today's society. I'll miss you.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Rose,
Sorry to see you leave. I don't often post here and mainly lurk, but your posts have always been valuable to me and help me.

Best of luck,
~Limiya~
Old 10-04-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
IPT

take care Rose - not sure what this place "used" to be like but I have found it helpful for me. Sometimes there was a bit of a sting from a post or two but on the whole I learned a ton and got support, encouragement, insight, and compasion when I needed it.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for this post Rose xox
Old 10-04-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Thanks for the post Rose... You sound a little
down maybe hit up some members you know with private
messages if you want to.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
BBD

Aww Rose, I hate to see you leave cause your such a wealth of encouragement and knowledge on here. Maybe a break will do you well and you'll decide to return. In any event~~~stay safe and we'll miss you. Hugs, Bonnie
Old 10-04-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Rose, I was lurking, too for a long time, just trying to get advice. Today, Really made some breakthroughs. I think we all really need each other. .
Old 10-04-2009, 11:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hate to see you go too, rose. i wish you well and hope you drop in from time to time. i'll continue to keep you in my prayers.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Rose,

I'll miss seeing you regularly but hope that you will still continue to lurk on from time to time. I wish you all the best and have enjoyed your postings.

Also, I want to say that I see a lot of the things that you speak of that have pushed you away. I am frequently hestitant to post because of those very feelings. I realize that I am supposed to take what I want and leave the rest, other people's opinions are none of my business, etc. Still.....sometimes harsh comments have stung and hurt me. Those feelings are what have helped to teach me what are appropriate boundaries for me and what steps I need to take to protect my emotional sobriety. I do try and take into consideration that we have many members at different stages of recovery (and not recovery) and we are unable to see softened faces that say harsh words....the typed word often appears so differently than the spoken. More than 80% of our communication is through inflection, posture, movements, and tone so I tell myself that I am likely missing a lot of how it is "supposed" to come across.

Anyways....enough of that rambling but I did feel that you brought up a very valid point. Hope to see you from time to time - I wish you all the best!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Rose, I'm gonna miss you! Your post have always been helpful to me.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 10-06-2009, 03:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
I am grateful to a handful of posters whose posts take me outside my own comfort zone and reinforce that I have the power, within me, to change me.

There is an incredible balance of tea and sympathy and the smack upside the ole head wake-up call going on here.

I have as much control over someone's response as I do over my daughter's choices.

Taking what we need and leaving the rest is what this forum and life is all about, to me.
Ditto. And most of the time what I really need is that smack upside the head. The tea and sympathy just keeps me wallowing in my own self-pity and keeps me stuck.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

((((Rose))))
Well darn it all, I'm going to miss you.......