OT be aware

Old 10-01-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT be aware

if you have ever had a checkcard/debit card that you closed and replaced with new, please be aware. I had charges to my checking acct 2 days ago totaling $570+........the acct # used was my old card that was closed in 2/09. That card was destroyed and I was given a new one with a new#.

Make sure that both your bank and VISA have completely closed the acct.

Thank God, my bank notified me right away, that there was suspicious activity.......hmmmm used in Great Brittian the same day I used new card in US.

Of course I had to report it as fraud and need to fill out forms, not sure when I'll get my $$ back.

Also there was a couple waiting to see the bank mgr after me, they were there for the exact same reason.

The bank mgr said it is possible that VISA did not completely close out that # and that the hacker randomly re-trys #'s that worked in the past. This was the reason the old one was closed, it was used in Germany last time.

Just wanted you all to be aware.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I've learned the hard way to check my accounts regularly. Even so, I can't protect myself from people who have found ways to break into accounts.

Good lesson here, and yes, I'd be questioning why there were two of you there at the same time with the same problem.

Hugs