Been a little quite...

Old 09-28-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been a little quite...

Well I hope everyone is fine. Its been a while since I have written. I suppose there hasnt been much news and my ex and I havnt been keeping in touch much. I have although been calling once a week but there has been no effort from his side.

Ive decided to let things be and carry on and focus on my work and the drama I am experiencing. But Ive been connecting with friends and trying to get out, even if its for coffee so that I dont dwell in my thoughts.

I know many of you probably think I should count my blessings that Im not involved with a recovering addict but it still feels very lonely. I have decided to let let my folks know this week, the reasons why my boyfriend and I ended the relationship. Thanks to a few of you that gave me a kick and advised that I might be in some "denial" on his condition. This will be difficult for me but I need to be as honest as he was with me when we first met.

I cant help but wonder how he is doing and whether his recovery with the NA, AA, sponsor and his therapist is going? He is coming up for 11 months and wish I could let him know how proud I am of him.

Anyway, I'll keep on posting should there be any developments. In the meantime Al Anon has been great for me and look forward to my meetings...

Janine
Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just an observation, but did you consider that trying to contact him might be keeping you 'stuck'.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think you are doing the right thing, Janine, and I am so glad meetings are helping you through this.

When we are doing all the work in any relationship, then it's really not a relationship at all, just an echo now and then.

You deserve happiness and you alone hold that key. Keep doing good things for yourself and in time this will all heal and you will be ready for all the good things that await you in life.

Hugs
Old 09-28-2009, 01:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by Envelope View Post
:
Ive decided to let things be and carry on and focus on my work and the drama I am experiencing. But Ive been connecting with friends and trying to get out, even if its for coffee so that I dont dwell in my thoughts.

Anyway, I'll keep on posting should there be any developments.
good idea, it will get better as time goes on. you are in my prayers.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you have found Alanon meetings and that they are helping. Little by little as you keep focusing on yourself, things will get better. Thanks for the update.