New and looking for a way forward

Old 09-23-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
grateful rca

lou. i again i agree with lost,

for 23yrs my ah just walked out on me, 7kids and 2dogs whenever he felt like it and i allowed him back whenever he felt like coming back. worrying about all the how's and whys of his behavior nearly drove me insane. its not easy but it does get better with time.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teke View Post
lou. i again i agree with lost,

for 23yrs my ah just walked out on me, 7kids and 2dogs whenever he felt like it and i allowed him back whenever he felt like coming back. worrying about all the how's and whys of his behavior nearly drove me insane. its not easy but it does get better with time.
See Lou Lou, It doesnt matter who you are what you did and didnt do, what you look like, if you have kids with the addict... ANYTHING is possible with them.. (even healthy relationships can have the same problems) but more so with the addicted, and i think its the "unknown with the addicts" that draws us in further or makes it so HARD to let go, because we (healthy) people cant understand their actions.. and that is the disease of addiction.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

loulou, I bet if you read all the stickies and some of the stories here (so many!), you'll find a whole bunch of reasons why this is mutually a good thing and be able to let go
Old 09-23-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by loulou2 View Post
I've never had someone I loved just walk away from me like that. It was always a mutual thing in the past.
Me either.. especially after showing so much Love and Care for them.:wtf2:wtf2