From My Window...

Old 09-21-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

From My Window...

On another thread I recalled how grateful I am to see the beauty in each day. Not long ago I would never have noticed, too absorbed in the darkness of codependency.

My computer is on my dining room table and I took some pictures this morning to share my beauty here. They aren't high quality pictures, used my zoom and shot from where I sat through the window (except the sunrise which I stepped outside my door to take), but they represent the little things that I see today. Nature is God's way of telling me all is well with the world.

So I thought it might be fun to start a thread where you can share what you see from your window (verbal descritions are very welcome, cameras not manditory, LOL). Or share what you notice these days that you missed in days gone by.

So come sit beside me and look out my window and let's enjoy the day.

Sunrise this morning...

Mr. Jay, my bluejay came to call, pretending he was a hummingbird hiding in my flowers...

And Bucky, my little red squirrel who is eating Mr. Jay's leftover bread...

Old 09-21-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Ann..my camera skills are not available right now..however from my window I see 5 little kittens and a Mom Cat that have adopted me. They came about 6 weeks ago, hungry, alone, and without love.

We have come into a partnership of-- I can't touch you due to allergies although I can feed you..give you a warm blanket for the cool evenings and make sure that you are safe.

They have grown 3-4 times over their weight since they came..run to meet me with their breakfast of the day, almost trip me up and are happy to eat whatever is given.

It is smile and pleasure that comes from very deep within me that they are here, HP has given me the gift of them to soothe my sadness of heart.

I feel blessed and this has taken me many years to say even those little words of appreciation.

lauren
Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by lauren
from my window I see 5 little kittens and a Mom Cat that have adopted me. They came about 6 weeks ago, hungry, alone, and without love.
Oh that just touches my heart, Lauren. I recently lost my 19 year old orange tabby called Toby who had been with me through all my good and bad days and never wavered in loving me unconditionally. It broke my heart, even though it was his time, and I think I love cats too much to say "never again". Just not right now, but sharing yours has brought me joy.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Such great pictures. Nature brings such cheery thoughts.

Went to grams this am to see if the lawn needs to be cut and low and behold a little turtle. Was going to bring it home but it had something all over its mouth-it was munching on a giant mushroom-so I left it alone.

Heard peeps from the cockatiels nesting box and low and behold I have at least one baby bird.

Two little squirrels built a next in a pine tree in the front of the house. Brave little ones, lots of cats and my 4 giant dogs.

Nothing better than nature to put a smile on one's face.

Going to be a GOOD DAY today-no matter what.

My camera died so I can't get pix.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

No need for a camera, Momsrainbow, I feel like I am watching those baby birds with you.

I think nature was my first calming influence when I began my recovery. Just walking in the sunshine and fresh air and getting out of myself and into God's country always made me feel better.

I try to make a point each day to take time to walk and notice all that is there. Sort of like prayer and meditation, it's become part of my daily program.

Thanks for sharing you nature here.

Hugs
Old 09-21-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mine today was outside looking in. It was picture day at school today and my boys and I were practicing "smiling" for the camera. They are 4 and 9 and the giggles that were in my house this morning were priceless to say the least! We kept coming up with silly sayings to make them laugh. It was a beautiful morning............
Old 09-21-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Unfortunately, I'm at work and I see from my window a defiant adolescent (14-15) arguing with her mother yelling, "F-U, F- this program."

Fortunately, for me.... I can say this image reminds me daily of the relationship I have with my parents and the one I had with them when I was that age. I can be blessed that even though my parents didn't know much about parenting, that they did their best and raised me to be a responsibile adult that never talked to my parents the way this child is. I was fortunate to stay away from programs and have a good home with no chaos or drama.

So to them, I owe them a big thank you.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

This morning as I sat here at the pc, I watched a young mockingbird sitting on the patio less than six feet away from my chair. Perched on the rim of a huge clay saucer full of water, he/she hopped in & out of the water enjoying a nice bath.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
grateful rca

well, i'm sitting here at comp. away from windows so i have to enjoy what you guys see. thanks for the nice views.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ann, Great idea to start this thread! It's nice to reflect on all the good things in our lives instead of focusing on the bad. It's much healthier for the mind and body.
Thank you!!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I sure am enjoying going from house to house here and peeking out your windows. And don't worry, Teke, I have more than enough windows for all of us.

I wanted to share my own gratitude with all this, but more importantly, if this thread helped one newcomer take pause from her/his troubles and just look out the window to notice nature at its best, then I'm tickled pink.

I just got back from my after lunch walk and in the bay (near the sunrise) there must have been 100 Canadian Geese, practicing take-offs and landings with the now grown babies, preparing for the flight south that is still about a month away. Funny how that works, they group into flocks and new geese come in from further north, and they practice the V formation and then one morning they all take off and go. Must be when the winds are right.

I am so glad that I notice this today. And I am so glad you all share with me.

Hugs
Old 09-21-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

In one hour, I get to enjoy the view of a brain surgery - I'll be right next to the Neurosurgeon doing the procedure. Wish me luck. Glad I have comfortable shoes on.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow Kitty... that is cool! Mine is not so dramatic... but beautiful. This morning, I went out to walk the dog and there were three deer near the pond... early morning. They watched me, I watched them and we all went about our business. Beautiful. Ears up, tails flicking... quiet and cool. Fall is here.