Confused

Old 09-18-2009, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Confused

Last night GF went out solo with girlfriends. Called obviouSly drunk and said she was getting a cab and comming over. Didn't happen. Got a call 3 hours later. She said she was home, still sounded drunk. Claimed she went back inside a socialized for the remainder of the night and forgot that she called me. Not sure what to believe???? I have no issues with her going out solo and being with friends, but I am confused as to whether I should take her story at face value.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElegantlyWasted View Post
Not sure what to believe???? I have no issues with her going out solo and being with friends, but I am confused as to whether I should take her story at face value.
You don't trust her. It is what it is. She said she was coming over and didn't. She can't even acknowledge having the conversation with you? What is there to take at face value?

What keeps you accepting this behavior? I would put up some boundaries...
this is what it would look like in this particular situation.....

Do not call me drunk.

If you do, I will hang up the phone.

Simple but so hard to do.

Keep coming Elegantly.... we will help you through it.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree with the above, ElegantlyWasted, and I have learned to not waste my energy trying to figure out someone who is drunk or high.

This has me wondering what it is that she brings to this relationship and if it feels healthy to you.

I don't have the answers but understand you being upset.

Hugs
Old 09-18-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think it don't really matter what she says if she don't remember saying it. i agree, until you decide what it you want to do, set boundaries with consequences that you can follow through on. some addicts are know to lie, bottom lie. hope this is not the case with your gf though.

instead of trying to figure out her words, try watching her actions. time will tell you whether or not you can take what she says at face value.