He wants rehab....has no $$$$

Old 09-13-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He wants rehab....has no $$$$

If anyone can respond with suggestions, it would greatly be appreciated.
My son has finally figured out that his life is not working and wants to go to rehab. This will be his second time. If anyone knows of a decent place to go in Palm Beach County or South Florida, that offers state funded rehab, or is very inexpensive, please let me know. My son has no money and I make very little. We have no insurance.

If he does not get into a program soon, he will die....yes, it is that bad.

Please....any suggestions?
Old 09-13-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you checked with the government assistance office in your county? When my son decided to get into a methadone maintenance program, he was no living here (basically homeless) and got help that way
Old 09-13-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know if there are any near you but I hear the Salvation Army has a good rehab program and it is free.

Good Luck
Old 09-13-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I too want to recommend the Salvation Army program that is not only free, but an excellent program.

Hugs
Old 09-13-2009, 11:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

As said above he can apply to the Salvation Army they have an excellent program and if the one's operating in Southern Florida are full, but he is 'really serious about recovery' they sometimes even pay to transport them to another facility.

He can also contact Catholic Charities as they now operate some 'rehab programs' that are also FREE and seem to be pretty darn good, they are just not as well known as the Salvation Army and do not have as many rehab centers yet.

OH and he needs to be the one calling, if you were to call they just say "have the addict call us."

Hope tht helps,

Love and hugs,
Old 09-13-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

You are fortunate (although it may not seem that way) to be where you are. It's the recovery capital of the East Coast and there are so many rehabs and sober living facilities. If he reaches out, some one will help him. Prayers for both of you.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

Hey helpformyson, glad your son finally wants to get clean. We both live in the same area and I have a good friend who works at DAF (drug abuse foundation) which is in delray beach florida.

PM me when you get this ~~ Scott
Old 09-14-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Helpformyson: Good news for your son...

I second Teen Challenge - which is NOT for teenagers - they only take 18 and up. And they are completely no-cost for the addict because of donations of good people all over this country. that is because their philosophy is that the person who needs help the most (the addict) is the one who has no money - and isn't that so true?

Please let us know what happens with this.