I'm free!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm free!

I've gone and left.
I have a new (SMALL but Oh so cute and homey) appartment.
My kids are doing ok.
My AH is soooooooooooo lost.
I hope one day he can find his way. I know my leaving made things worse for him. I dont care. He was killing us.
I'm scared, I'm broke.
BUT I KNOW I DID THE RIGHT THING.!!! I may be in a hard place now but it will get better. If I stayed it would only get worse.
I'M SO GLAD I LEFT!
I dont even recognise the man I married almost a decade ago. He's gone and dead now. It helps to know It was good for a long time and we had a our boys and life was good. I had it good. But I look at it like my husband died. I'm on my own now. No support. (I doubt he will ever be able to pay support with his drug problems and debts)
I'm free and it feels so good sometimes ...I feel kind of guilty about that.
He stole EVERYTHING from me...my 2 carrat diamond ring no less...My sanity.
Well who cares.
I have me and my boys and a future to build.
I scarred and tiered. I have no friends...We moved to a new city recently, and I was so embarrased by his odd behavior.
I will make new friends, I will get my career back.
Forgive me but....go to hell AH you tried to ruin me!
You will not.
I just hope one day he can be a great dad like he once was.
OUr poor boys....
Old 09-12-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh what news!! The roller coaster ride is over and the healing can begin.

Your post shows just what it should to me somone who's thoughts and feelings are across the board and back again. I was the same way when I left....screw him...I hope he gets better...good riddance....maybe he'll be the man I once knew one day....I'm moving on...why am I here?

Let these feelings come and go. If you get sad, get sad. If you're content, enjoy the feeling. They will be fleeting for a while but they will settle down and things will start to gain clarity. It's been over a month for me and I still have days where I am content and feel like I am flowing with what life is bringing me and staying open to my future and the next minute I will feel trapped and abandoned and angry. It's a work in progress.

Hug your children. Lay your head down in peace tonight. The sun will shine again and the day is yours to make of it what you will. Give the worry to HP.

((((((crazytrain))))))

Alice
-another girl looking to make it after all. (Where's Mary Tyler Moore when you need her?)
Old 09-12-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I owe alot of thanks to SR.
Esp. to anvilhead. Months ago when I caught my AH using...I did not know he was a drug user....(yes I still feel stupid about how blind i was). SR woke me up to what I was facing....I still hung in there....EVERYONE was right and could have written the exact progress of my situation.
Thank you anvilhead. Many of your posts (sometimes feeling like a cold slap..........BUT wow did I need it!) Let me to 'see the light'.
I hope everyone, myself included can find peace and freedom.