Relapse here~~and it saddens me so much

Old 09-10-2009, 09:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Kiki))) - Welcome!! I'm sorry for why you are here, too, but there is a ton of support here and ES&H (experience, strength & hope).

I'm a recovering addict, as is ((Laurie)) so some of us DO recover, it just takes us hitting that bottom hard enough.

You and ((Bonnie)) have my prayers, as well as Chris and Duey. Addiction is a horrible disease, and now that I've seen both sides of it (family members that are addicts) I can't tell you which side is worse...they both suck.

The best thing we can do is work our own recovery..codie recovery is just as hard, if not harder, than addiction recovery, but darned if it doesn't feel good when you start making progress and you really can take care of you and love your addict from a distance if that's what you need to do.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-11-2009, 01:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I know how much this hurts, Bonnie (and Kiki) and my heart and prayers go out for all of you.

When my son would relapse, what helped me most was to surround myself with support and focus hard on "my" program. I learned that I could not live in my son's addiction and my recovery at the same time, so I got to choose...his darkness or my light? My life depended on me choosing my light, I could have died in the darkness if I hung out there too long.

Hugs
Old 09-11-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
BBD

You woman are all so strong and caring. I'll keep you all in my heart tonight when kiki and I go to see Chris. This isn't going to be easy. If I can center on my disappointment instwead of my tears i'll be fine. Join us~~kiki and I are going out to dinner before we visit.. Thanks so much for all the kind words. Yo have no idea how they make me feel stronger. Hugs and smiles, Bon
Old 09-11-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
BBD

and Thank you so much cynacal one for all the info......amazing!!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Bonnie,

Just reading your post for the first time. I am so sorry to hear of your sons relapse.

You reached out to me when I was new on SR and I will always be grateful for that. You also pointed me in Laurie's direction and she has given me some great "no holding back" support, so thanks for sharing her!

As everyone else has already mentioned, keep the focus on yourself as much as you can. It is amazing how well our addicts can step up to the plate and take care of themselves when we STOP doing it for them.

A big hug for you and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Joan
Old 09-11-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sending some hugs and prayers your way, Bonnie. I pray that Chris finds what he needs this time. Sometimes it takes a relapse for them to humble themselves enough to realize that they can't do it alone. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-11-2009, 08:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi everyone, My visit with Chris went well. At first I was a little nervous....imagine that~nervous about seeing my own son. Only cause I wanted to walk in there and slap him. All in all~~he knows he needs rehab and is looking for sober living afterwards. He's doing a good job of finding things on his own. He really can when I step aside I guess....It was quite emotional for me and for the first time I felt like he was an adult and nothing I had to say or do could change him until he was ready...I am praying alot that he has reached his bottom this time and can take care of himself.......Kim and I had dinner and I want you guys to know that she is one fantastic lady. Hopefully Chris realizes this also and figures out what an asset she is to his life. He's one lucky guy to have her..so good-night and thanks again to all...Bonnie
Old 09-11-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hey bonnie, i'm happy to hear that your visit when well, and i pray that your son keeps following through with his recovery. all of you guys are in my prayers.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks to you all for your prayers and HOPE! I'm so new with this, i am very thankful for the words of support and most of all to know that I am not alone. :praying
Old 09-11-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update.... glad that you two lovely ladies have one another. I too had that camaraderie with my x's mother. It helps oh so much.

Thinking of you all..... xoxo
Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Hi everyone, My visit with Chris went well. At first I was a little nervous....imagine that~nervous about seeing my own son. Only cause I wanted to walk in there and slap him. All in all~~he knows he needs rehab and is looking for sober living afterwards. He's doing a good job of finding things on his own. He really can when I step aside I guess....It was quite emotional for me and for the first time I felt like he was an adult and nothing I had to say or do could change him until he was ready...I am praying alot that he has reached his bottom this time and can take care of himself.......Kim and I had dinner and I want you guys to know that she is one fantastic lady. Hopefully Chris realizes this also and figures out what an asset she is to his life. He's one lucky guy to have her..so good-night and thanks again to all...Bonnie
WAY TO GO BONNIE!!!!

Now that is recovery in ACTION.

You did good. Thank you for the update.

You know I am here if you need to talk, You too Joan, lol

Love and hugs,
Old 09-12-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Bonnie & Kim, I'm so glad your visit with Chris went well. It is good to hear that Chris is taking the steps to find sober living.

I know just how hard it is to step back, and let them find their own way. YOU did good.

Keep taking care of yourselves.
Hugs,
Chris
Old 09-12-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

me again

Hello all. Went to see Chris today and there are 2 options that would put him in a rehab center within 2 weeks. He actually looked good today. (The dark circles are becoming lighter. He'll be in 1 week on Monday. He is talking about a long term center and I know in my heart he needs it. (and WANTS it) I'm having a hard time accepting my life, family etc; is put on hold for this damn disease. I know if I let him go now, things may be brighter for the future but dammit, I want him HOME! It's such a hard sacrifice to know that his absence is the best thing for him, me, my kids and his family. Just makes me sad. I've just been diagnosed with breast cancer and my best friend is going to rehab! So many changes in a matter of 2 weeks my head is spinning today. I haven't cried in 3 days and I can't stop today. Different emotion every 10 minutes! Anyway, thanks again for the continued support. I hope one day I can return the favor.
Love to all........Kim
Old 09-12-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Kim)))))

I've just been diagnosed with breast cancer
Not only am I saying extra prayers for a quick recovery from this I have put you in my prayer circles. I hope this was caught early so that the prognosis is good.

Now is definitely the time to take care of YOU and let Chris do whatever it is he needs to do for himself.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-12-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks Laurie! That is exactly what I am doing. I'm not spending too much energy on him. If I've learned one thing, that's his job. The one saving grace is that I know where he is and I don't worry about him. (as messed up as that sounds) Yes, they did catch it early and my family is coming for my surgery. Bonnie has been WONDERFUL through all of this but I don't want to burden her too much. She has enough on her plate. Thank you for your prayers.

Kim
Old 09-12-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

WOW, so much going on with this family. You are in my prayers as well.
It sounds like Chris is finding his way. Kim and Bonnie you will find yours as well.

Peace and Serenity to you all during this chaotic time. :praying

You know we are always a click away.