Funny codie moments

Old 09-10-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(almost 7 years ago)Wow, I can think of so many...In the beginning, the dealer and I had a deal. For $5 he'd call me and tell me where he last saw Ah, and I go pick him up....(Seemed to be better than driving by crackhouses)

(6 years ago)At 7 months pregnant and barefoot, I cried and banged all night on a motel door to a room where he and his brother were inside using...even faked labor pains and the manager offered to open the door(being afraid what the manager would see I declined and left in embarrassment)

After finding he had taken and used ATM card and then gotten dealer (yes same one who years earlier had called to advise where he was at) to drop him off at our empty prior residence, I then bagged up all his clothes and guitar drove in front of said house at 4 am and slowed just enough to shove all things out of the car...That was an exhilerating feeling.

A month later, since he was still residing at abandoned no electric, no water residence with his brother I snuck in a busted window to...catch him with dope and say I told you, you were using...He wasnt in at the moment(probably safer that way ).

During the more recent using sprees I cant think of anything funny, by this point I just savered the time he was gone and waited to hear from the police that he'd been picked up and with that call I danced around my front yard.

(By the way said addict brother, moved by bus to South Dakota, to work and get better...last I heard he was sleeping on park benches in North Dakota after suffering from alcohol poisoning)
Old 09-10-2009, 11:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My addict stole my grandmothers diamond ring out of my jewelry box and traded it or hawked it for money to buy crack. He still insists he didn't do it but it's never turned up. Maybe it will some day...
same here he said he does not remember doing that and said it was his evil twin.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Most of my gold jewelry went missing... even my wedding rings. I was at a point where
if he wasn't acting married (disappearing, etc.) then I wasn't wearing the wedding rings.
I carried them in my purse in one of the zippered pockets. They disappeared....

When confronted him, of course the first answer was "I didn't take those"...
Upon further questioning his response was "I didn't buy those anyway... it wasn't like
they REALLY meant anything and you weren't wearing them." (It was a nice set
*I* had gotten a really good deal from a friend going through a divorce... yeah stupid
anyway to have to buy your own "nice" rings...)

NEXT husband will be smart/rich enough to buy them himself without any help from me... LOL... May not find NEXT H as he has a big list of requirements to not BE.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for sharing some of these were really funny. Who would ever think that someday we would laugh about this stuff? Off the top of my head I can't think of anything really funny I did (something may come to me) but if you wanted to do a thread about stupid things I be right up there with the best of them. When my addict son would steal my younger sons video games I would go out and replace them so my younger son would not get mad. He would steal, deny, I would replace. Unbelievable!!!!! And then we have the time my son told us the car was stolen, even went as far as letting my husband fill out a police report. Something just didn't sound right to us. My son was in rehab denied the whole time and about a year later finally admitted he gave it away for drugs. We just laughed because we knew it and it became the little joke around here. The car was recovered and returned to us and filthy, someone had been using it. Kids you gotta love them (or kill them).
Old 09-11-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh once my exbf. pawned his laptop and came home acted like he is watching a movie on it in his room, than he went to use the bathroom, came back and started screaming that somebody crawled on the 2nd floor through his window and stole his parents laptop. he called the police and made up a police report!!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
grateful rca

not funny and not addict bashing but once i bought a pretty red car, one month later, my ah took the car going to the store. about 3 days later, he called me to tell me the car was stolen 3 days prior and wanted to ask me what to do about it,HLH? call the cops and report it stolen? for some reason he had a problem with doing that so i did it.

i reported that he stole it and he said somebody stole it from him. anyway, about a month later, the impound call saying they had the car so i went there. i walked that yard up and down each isle still couldn't find my car. finally they call the wrecker driver in to show us where they put the car. come to find out that i was staring at it the whole time. they spray painted the whole thing black.

like a dummy, i paid all this money to get it out of impound and as soon as i got it out the gate, the motor fell out. the lesson was, to continue to sleep with pockets for my keys. thank god i don't have to do that anymore.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

the lesson was, to continue to sleep with pockets for my keys
I carefully cut a hole in my fluffiest pillow and made a pocket for my keys...from a member here I got the idea to sleep in socks and store money in my socks....lmao
Old 09-11-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
grateful rca

as uncomfortable as that seem, cindi, jeans are even more uncomfortable and for the money, i cut a tiny hole in my bra, just couldn't keep it there any other way, if you know what i mean. LOL

Last edited by teke; 09-11-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You all are cracking me up!

It would never have occurred to me someone would spray paint my car when they borrowed it and then get it impounded and then tell me it was stolen. Good for you for reporting and making sure the right culprit was implicated in your statement.

I am trying to imagine just where I would cut a hole in my bra to hide something. Hmm? That's a tough one. I can just imagine bending over to pick up something I drop and an entire inventory of things fall out. Oh, that? That's just my wallet, my passport, my jewelry, my Xbox, my .... LOL!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

I'm sure I've told this story before but when my A was at work, I stayed at his apartment for the day. He left his Blazer at the house (they always took his brother's truck to work). I sat in the Blazer, in late July, with sweat dripping into my eyes and onto everything I was trying to read, with the doors wide open (car is parked on side of main st.) I'm looking for straws, cds, aluminum foil, cans, lighters, you name it. Instead I find lots of overdue bills, empty cheap lighters, cig wrappers, AND...

I find results of a paternity test on a child who's mother he told me he had been with "like that". A little more than I bargained for that day. And to top it off, my face bright red, my clothes soaking wet, my hair sticky and knotty, and his dad drives by and sees me. HOW EMBARRASSING. I don't know if he knew what I was up to or not.

My diamond engagement ring disappeared while I was sleeping. I'll never know if it was him or not.

I've slid things out of his pockets, hacked into his myspace/***** and read EVERY email since he opened his acct. (he never deletes them...well he prob. has deleted the most incriminating ones which is sad b/c there's no shortage). I'm talking YEARS of them, before we were even together. I have learned ALLLLOTTT that way. I've looked through every file possible on his cell (photos, txt, calls) and learned that Carolina numbers or deleted calls lists mean bad news.
I've texted or called anyone that knew him when he was on a run. (Back in the day).
We'd go to his house to watch a movie and he'd say he had to give someone a ride. I offered to go with him and he turned me down. He didn't come back for like eight hours. And didn't see anything wrong with it.
WTF.
He said the guy really likes to talk. HAHA.

One time I had a school event and he's so antisocial that he refused to come. So he dropped me off and I left my apt. unlocked for him (across the st.) so he could watch tv/play ps2 while I was at my event (by myself...yay). As we agreed, I called about 2 hrs. later for him to come pick me up and we'd go get pizza. He didn't answer his phone, and after waiting forever, I walked back to the apartment in the heat. He didn't return til about 11 oclock that night. When I asked him where he'd been...he shrugged his shoulders.
And even though it sounded weird...I let him back in my house.
I can't believe it.
It feels really good to confess my "sins" here!
I didn't know anyone else laid at the bathroom door or dug through EVERYTHING hoping to find some kind of clue!!!

Everyone's stories are inspiring.
Thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
You all are cracking me up!
I am trying to imagine just where I would cut a hole in my bra to hide something. Hmm? That's a tough one. I can just imagine bending over to pick up something I drop and an entire inventory of things fall out. Oh, that? That's just my wallet, my passport, my jewelry, my Xbox, my .... LOL!!!
i guess i forgot to state that its was padded. you know the kind.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
grateful rca

breakingfree, don't feel like the long ranger. i've torn up much car interior, edges of carpets, wallets, you name it, i've looked there. hid in closets, and attics tring to figure out his behavior. i blame his addiction for driving me insane but looking back, i know i was making myself crazy. the more i looked without finding anything, the more i kept looking, determined to find something. what was i gonna do if i found something? the h=ll if i knew.lol

addiction make people sick!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i even bought one of those 'LOUD N CLEAR" thingies. i guess i thought maybe i could hear him smoking crack whenever he locked himself in a room. lord knows i don't want to ever have to live like that again. i would have to be in relapse mode. i honestly don't know which is worse, being and addict or living with one.

i even found myself peeking out windows and doors trying to see what he was peeking at. crazy making.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:36 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

It is funny how good of a detective we become when we're in full blown codie mode!
I was really good at it...... thought about making a career out of it.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

Thank you Teke! It feels good to know we're not the only "crazy" one! You know, you all are right. What would we have done if we did find something? Whenever I found something my heart raced, I had a lump in my throat, my stomach hurt...and I sucked it up. I did and said NOTHING.
And looking back...knowing what I did...I think I did act "crazier" than the addict.
Ha...the last time he relapsed I found a small pill box container when I was doing his laundry. I opened it up and there was white powder residue. Now surely, a college-educated woman like myself, who knew I was dealing with an addict, would have known what that was in there. But I just wanted to be sure. I swiped my finger in it and sniffed it off my finger trying to see if it had a smell. (Hoping it would smell like baby powder). It didn't, and now I know it was probably drugs. GOD, I'm glad there was no drug testing at my internship!! LOL
He told me it was a drug container...but that it was old. Didn't know how it got in his clothes. LOL.

But on the positive side, he collected his six month tag at NA last week. I'm so proud of him. He's paid me back all the money he owed me, regained employment and started his second year of journeyman school (electrician) and drives two hours to come see me on the weekends. I try to stay detached but its hard not to be damn proud of him. Every day our A's are off drugs, even if they do relapse again, every day they don't use is a day their brain gets a "break".
Old 09-13-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

Teke,
I had to laugh at your purchase of the Loud and Clear thing. They should add that to their commercial. Use it if you're old, use it if you don't trust your man! LMAO
Old 09-13-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by breakingfree88 View Post

But on the positive side, he collected his six month tag at NA last week. I'm so proud of him. He's paid me back all the money he owed me, regained employment and started his second year of journeyman school (electrician) and drives two hours to come see me on the weekends. I try to stay detached but its hard not to be damn proud of him. Every day our A's are off drugs, even if they do relapse again, every day they don't use is a day their brain gets a "break".
i'm so glad to hear about his 6 months, congratulations to him. i pray that he continues to follow through and strength to you too. don't forget to keep the focus on you.