SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   a quote for all of us. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/183538-quote-all-us.html)

tangerinedream 09-01-2009 01:44 PM

a quote for all of us.

these are the most defeating yet inspiring sentences i've seen in a loooong time. my abf's mom sent me an email and suggested i print it and put it up on the fridge. i might.

i thought you all might like to read it, though. i guess it was in a church bulletin but it doesn't have to be taken in a religious sense.

Changing the Course of Your Life-Now!
If you were doomed to live the same life over and over again for eternity, would you choose the life you are living now? The question is interesting enough, but I've always thought the point of asking it is really the unspoken, potentially devastating follow-up question. That is, if the answer is no, then WHY are you living the life you are living? Stop making excuses, and do something about it.

By William Alexander, The $64 Tomato p. 245

Ann 09-01-2009 01:50 PM

Interesting thought here, and I would love to live the life I live today over and over, but I got to this good place after walking through years of pain.

It's a good reminder for me to treasure each day and live life well.

Thanks for tickling my brain.

Hugs

DreamAngel 09-01-2009 02:04 PM

I love it! It does make you think... :c011:

gowest 09-01-2009 04:28 PM

I just have to say that I thought I was the only person in the world who read the book: The $64 tomato.

I'm in shock that someone else read it too! :)

peaceteach 09-02-2009 02:57 AM

I think it's very sweet that your ABF's mom sent you that, and very telling. Maybe she has found some truths about life and wants you to also.

breakingfree88 09-02-2009 05:03 AM

Thank you so much for posting this. It really gets you thinking.

hello-kitty 09-02-2009 01:08 PM

My favorite part of this quote is:

Stop making excuses, and do something about it.
Thank you! :c011:

rayofsunshine 09-02-2009 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by tangerinedream (Post 2351073)
then WHY are you living the life you are living? Stop making excuses, and do something about it.[/INDENT][/I]

Thanks for posting this... this part, mostly the "STOP MAKING EXCUSES" and
do something about it has been stuck in my head ever since I read this yesterday.

Yes, I am free from my STBexAH... but I've not tied up loose ends like moving forward on the divorce, or trying to get things in order with the house so I can sell it and move to a more affordable place. When little things go wrong, I find it easy to still blame him... thanks for the reminder "I" need to stop making excuses and do something about it!!!!
:c014: