I hit my bottom

Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I hit my bottom

Well, it happened today...I hit my bottom. I can no longer take living with this man one more single moment.

I know the road ahead will be rough and I am scared. But enough is ENOUGH!

I am meeting with my attorney next week to get the ball rolling to get this man out of my life.

Funny, I thought this would be alot more dramatic for me, but I am very calm.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

They say that one day you'll just know. Like a switch flips. I'd like to speed my switch along! Congratulations and I'm sorry all at the same time.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
IPT

strange to find calm in that situation isn't it? I found it a few months ago and was out...it was so clear and calm. Then I made the mistake of getting involved again and it started all over for me 7 weeks later. Best of luck for you. The road may be rough, but in a lot of ways probably not as rough as the one you are getting off!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

its kind of bittersweet,huh? well i'm praying for you. it maybe tough but you will come out on the other side.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
They say that one day you'll just know. Like a switch flips.
I want to co-sign this LOL

Truthfully, it really is just like that. The switch flips on and some thing just snaps and you no longer say that you cannot live like this anymore .. You know adamantly that you WILL NOT live like this anymore .. and then your behavior lines up with the decisions and before you know it the winds of change are blowing and you find yourself headed in the direction you want for your life and there will times that you feel a whisp of sadness, then all of a sudden a gentle breeze reminds you of why you are where you are and you snap out of it and continue to do whatchu gotta do for you. You won't entertain the questions you once did about am I doing the right thing. You'll know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are doing the right thing FOR YOU and it will feel so good that it you could get addicted to the feeling LOL

Passion
Old 08-28-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You just can't explain that feeling, you just know inside enough! I think your body just goes into self protection. I can honestly say that, I don't think I had any worse of a battle when I pulled the plug. I still had battles to face and deal with, but I could work through them.

Rose
Old 08-28-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I wonder if it is an action that usually provokes this switch. An action or just an feeling of enough is enough.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

for me......... the action provoked the feeling!!!!

With my ex-ah..... i finally had heard the last lie from him. Which was that he was playing golf at 6 am - but he was also spotted online at 6am - so that wasn't really possible! So.. I then just asked if he had taken pills.... and he said he had. I told him that he either chooses me or the drugs. He said "drugs" - (this was on the phone - as i was away on business) - and I said - "I want your things gone by this weekend" - he said ... "that's fair". It's like we both were done with fighting. So - I left my biz trip early and went to my parents..... and slept in bed for 3 days....... and he didn't move. He thought I was bluffing - guess it's all those empty threats from the past. BUT this time I just wasn't. I had no fight left in me..... not even after 3 days of resting. Those 3 days I was thinking about how much better *MY* future was going to be not having to deal with addiction anymore!!!!!

THEN - with my last guy..... the 'fling' (only one that i know of - could be more - i dunno)- that was my breaking point. It was getting bad though leading up to it. REALLY bad..... but having found out about the fling - it just made it easier to move forward and not look back.

What Nyte says.......is so true. Dead on!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
grateful rca

for me, it was both feelings and action. trust was gone and he went on one too many binges. i was willing work on the marriage provided he stop using and stop disappearing but i guess he couldn't so he started an argument and moved out.it hurt but i figured here was my opportunity to let him stay gone then i went no contact.

i can struggle and do bad all by myself, don't need no one to help me with that, besides, the younger kids are older and began to rebel against his abusive ways and thought they had to help defend me. i finally realized it was still not all about me, i had to look out for my kids so here we are, finally living in peace.