WOW today was an adventure

Old 08-27-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

WOW today was an adventure

This day turned out to be nothing of what I suspected. First the court case. It went as my lawyer hoped. THe department withdrew their permant gaurdianship order and now want to negotiate with my lawyer about me getting the kids. The next court date is scheduled for September 17th. But they will be having a meeting with my lawyer in the mean time and making decisions there. So it went just as we hoped. I should be getting the kids within 3 weeks.

Now for the WOW part. First my husband did show up. He came into the courtroom looking for me. When I saw him I was in total shock. Shock that he could let himself go like this. He showed up to court by himself in a green shirt with cut off sleeves, a black cowboy hat, dirty tan jeans, a mullet(long hair in the back and the head shaved, and a new tatoo on his arm. He hadn't even bothered to shave. He used to take pride in his appearance, he used to care about how he looked and the image he put across. He is 32 and looked like a dirty old man who just got there from work. I only saw him out of the corner of my eye and refused to acknowledge him. I had my 3 friends there and I had dressed up in a really nice suit. My friends and I were smiling and laughing and chatting about the up coming cases. As soon as he spotted me he took a seat 2 rows back and to my left right were he could keep an eye on my. One of my friends said he stared at me the entire time. Personally I didn't care I was too excited about the case. When they called my case I stood up and went and stood next to my lawyer. My husband came right up dehind me and stood only a few inches in back of me. He was litterally breathing down my neck. As soon as he spoke and I realized he was there I got closer to my lawyer. He made me really nervous. But after the judge finished with us he rushed out so I thought that was the end of it.

I then went out and talked to my lawyer for another 20 minutes. No sign of my husband in the hall or main part of the building and my friends were on the look out for him too. After we were done talking we excited the building and there he was. Leaning agianst one of the floor stands. He looked up at me and said Hello to me and my name. I quickly turned around and entered the building. I told the security guards about the no contact order and that he just breached it. They called the police and then went out and told him to move. I went to the station and lodge an official complaint. We were there for over an hour as they took my statement and that of my friend who also had heard him.

THen we left and headed for lunch. The crazy thing is my friends who were driving picked Burger King. We had no clue what my husband was driving and when we entered and ordered my friend turned around and saw him there with 2 of his friends and his girlfriend. Smiling I left. 2 of my friends stayed inside to get our order and my other friend phoned the police to let them know where he was since they were now looking for him. My husband left though 5 minutes before the police showed up. But one of my friends got the plate and make of the vehicle and noted that the girlfriend drove. When the police arrived we gave them the info and they radioed in that he was to be arrested on sight.

I just got a call a little while ago from the police stating that they have yet to find him but there is now a warrant out for his arrest. Because he is noted as stalking me and has breached so many times they are not taking this lightly.

What an interesting day.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just got a phone call from is PO officer. He had called in to her and told her that he was standing outside of the building and when I came out and saw him that I just freaked out and called the police. LOL She of course called me. I told her what truely happened and also that it was not just me that reported it but also a witness. I also told her that there is now a warrent out for him and that she can verify it with the police. So the police have both statements. She then said well I had set up some things he was suppose to start attending in September but since he will be in jail I guess I will put that on hold. She then thanked me and said she would contact me later. Still lieing to cover his actions. At least he can't pull the wool over his PO eyes.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Nikki, I'm glad court went well for you and sorry he is such a mess, but glad it's over and you can breathe more easily now.

I'm also glad you had support with you.

Hugs
Old 08-27-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Isn't it nice when you get to the point where they no longer have total control over your emotions? You told your story in such a calm manner that I can tell you are back in charge of yourself and his prescence alone can no longer rattle you.

Congratulations!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nikki, just 3 weeks, that is Wonderful news! As for your husband, it sounds like YOU handled things just fine.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 08-27-2009, 08:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

WOW. Your recovery is SHINING!!!!!

Way to go Nikki!!!!!!

Sounds like you handled this very well.

The new about the children is also great. I have no doubt that when you go back to court, you will be walking on air when you leave! As a precaution though take your friends with you again, lol "Just in case".

I am so glad you let us know what happened.

Prayers continuing to go out for you and your family.

Love and hugs,
Old 08-27-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It was strange I must admit. I had honestly thought that when I saw him I would get that gut wretching feeling of need for him that I would barely be able to handle it. Hence another reason I brought my friends. But that feeling never came.

When I saw him first I felt shock at how bad he looked. Then I felt pitty that he let himself fall so far. Then I flet fear when he was standing behind me breathing down my neck. Relief when he left the court house. Anger when he called out to me that he had the nerve to break the no contact order in front of the court house. Safety when I filed the complaint at the police station, vindication when victims assistance and the police confirmed that is was not just a little thing and I did that right thing and strength when I left there knowing I did it without backing down or giving in. I know a lot of feelings in a short space of time but none of the ones I had expected when I imagined what he might try and how I would react.

Now I feel concern, worry and a small amount of fear because they have not caught him yet. He knows I filed a complaint and there is a warrent and I know he is angry.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nikki,

You will be in my thoughts.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope everything is okay today. They will find him, you just watch your back until you know he's in custody.

What a beautiful description of all the feelings you experienced in that situation at court. Think back to what you would've felt when this all originally came to a head and pat yourself on the back. Look how far you've come. You are a strong, strong woman to have held your ground with him right there in your presence. Stay the course and continue to grow.

I've never laid eyes on you, but I'm so proud for you. I've been in similar situations, and it takes great strength to not back down.

Keep us updated. My prayers (and joy) are with you.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have been working my butt off today. Moving boxes, unpacking boxes, changing my address, making phone calls. I am soooo exhausted. Tomorrow we move the remainder of everything. All the furniture and so on. The sad part is though I did get a call from Victims assistance. There is a warrant out for his arrest but they have yet to find him. So they warned me to keep alert and if anything seems suspicios to not hesitate in calling the police. So I am worried that he might have been watching me move today. Meaning he would know where I live and ruin the reason for moving into hiding agian. Hopefully he is caught soon.