Blogs

Notices

my feelings/thoughts while in active addiction

Old 08-26-2009, 08:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by marle View Post
Teke, You were one of the people that convinced me that letting go of my daughter was really a kindness to her. I printed the things that you pm'd me and read them over and over during the days that I was hurting so much when I had no contact with Megan. When Megan finally decided to get clean I do believe that part of the reason was her loneliness. A few days before she called to go to rehab, she stopped by our house for about 10 minutes. I had not seen her for 5 months. I could really feel her loneliness and pain that day. I never stopped loving her and she knew that but I did put up that boundary that I did not want addiction on my doorstep. Megan has told me since she has gotten clean how important my putting those boundaries up were to her. She said that she knew that when she was ready to get clean that I would support her in her recovery because I refused to support her in her addiction. She has almost 15 months clean and is going back to college next week. I know that she was the one who had to decide to get clean but I do feel that my letting her go was just as important in the process. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marle
thank you marle, i'm so proud of you and her. to know that she is doing so well is making my night. i pray that she keeps rolling right along. thats wonderful news.

i want to thank all of you for your kind words. you just don't know how much you have helped me in all of this.