Heartbroken over an addict

Old 08-25-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
grateful rca

yelp! lol and could charm socks off a billy goat.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:23 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

I think he cares; but is too screwed up right now to act responsibly and give you the respect you deserve. My suggestion is to take care of yourself first. He can find a sober support system other than you if he really wants it (gives a shat). You deserve better; especially with all the work you've done for yourself... Best thing you can do is don't "enable him" and realize any sort of continuing contact is contingent on him getting real help. Just my two cents. For me It was mainly Booze, but I've done Coke etc....and seen some really nasty stuff (myself included for a while). Currently have been able to cultivate a mindset where its almost fun putting the pieces back together....The important thing is I'm now being real w/ myself (not lying). You x BF isn't.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElegantlyWasted View Post
I think he cares; but is too screwed up right now to act responsibly and give you the respect you deserve. My suggestion is to take care of yourself first. He can find a sober support system other than you if he really wants it (gives a shat). You deserve better; especially with all the work you've done for yourself... Best thing you can do is don't "enable him" and realize any sort of continuing contact is contingent on him getting real help. Just my two cents. For me It was mainly Booze, but I've done Coke etc....and seen some really nasty stuff (myself included for a while). Currently have been able to cultivate a mindset where its almost fun putting the pieces back together....The important thing is I'm now being real w/ myself (not lying). You x BF isn't.
WOW Elegantly wasted! What a great perspective!

I havent seen my ex since October. I talked to him briefly in March but have had NC since. I did do the old "i miss u text" a few times over the course and of the year and he ignored it. Although this kills me, I know I just have to move on.

I think all of the years being sober I was busy applying therapy to everyone else...when in fact, I needed the most work. I do know this now.

I do not physically live in addiction anymore. However, mentally and emotionally I still do. This site has opened my eyes to this. So now I'm going to try to concentarte on me. Thanks for the talk