My son partially aputated toe...AH still missing

Old 08-17-2009, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My son partially aputated toe...AH still missing

As if things could not get worse...
My son was in the yard (6 years old) We were all weeding and gardening...
He started screaming...I ran over....the HUGE THICK spiked dirty pitch fork was impaled right through the whole foot near the toes. I nearly died.
It was still stuck in his foot! I told him not to move or touch the pitch fork and ran to the deck to get the phone and call 911.
...I look over and his 2 year old brother yanked it out (he was trying to help him I think).......
The screaming was so bad...his terrified face....I still can't get over it.
the paramedics came and we went to the hospital.
(they asked me to call someone to help me and help with the 2 year old...I just wanted to die...MY HUSBAND is still missing)!
They think he will keep the toe, for now. The risk on infection is very high with this very dirty injury.
I feel so alone.
But I guess I delt with it.
We are home now. My mom sent me some money to get Ice cream and pizza for the little patient. I wish my sober AH was here to help him, comfort him etc..
He doesn't even know his son was hurt.
Why does this happen?
I prayed so hard last night to have some good happen in my life...THis is what I get?!!!
MY son losing part of his foot!
What did I do?
Why am I so bad that I get so much horrible things in life?
I dont want to drown in self pity, but come on!
HP give me some slack...now PLEASE.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:praying for help for you
Old 08-17-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Take a moment to breathe. Calm down. Breathe. It's going to be okay. Your son is okay right now. They said he would keep his foot intact. It's scary, I know, but try to calm down and breathe. Stuff like this happens all the time when we have kids. It kind of comes with the territory. It's going to be okay.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry about your son but i'm glad to hear thats he's gonna be ok. i know it makes it even harder for you haveing be the single responsible parent at a time like this but it is what it is and i think you did a great job of taking care of your son. i know he's missing and i'm sorry about that too. i'm praying for all of you.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I thinnk when we are really stressed to begin with, things seem worse than they really are. I know it seems like everything is going wrong, but it could have been much worse. Kids do get all kinds of crazy injuries -and he'll be ok. ice cream & pizza is the right idea - or whatever relaxing, happy thing you can think of for yourself.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We as Mom and Dads lose it when our child is hurt. My cousin is a Nurse in the operating room, one morning her kids went off to school riding their bikes, she was on her way to work and say her daughter had fallen off her bike and was bleeding, she said she lost it, the other moms had to take her away from it. With what she sees and goes through everyday in her job, as a mom to see your child hurt, it is unbareable.

He will be fine, hard I know for you to see.

One really good piece of advice I got from a Lawyer though, even though the boys where with me, their dad was still a legal guardian, should something really serious happen to one of the boys and they need to operate, he had to sign as well. Like God knows where he might have been. That is one thing I did asap was to have full custody of those boys. Even if they were going into the States without me, it had to be signed by both parents to allow them to go.

He is going to be fine, just rest your little mind, you were there for him!

Rose
Old 08-18-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope things are better for you today and that your little guy it is bouncing back quickly. It is a blessing that kids are as resilient as they are. As a child I got hurt regularly. I was very active and adventurous and repeatedly fell from trees, road my bike into parked cars because I wasn't looking where I was going, befriending wild animals who bit me...the list goes on. My mother probably aged faster than other moms because of my worrying her.

I hope once the shock of it wears off and both of you begin to heal, you will step back and see what an amazing level head you have in a crisis. You were there for your son when the chips were down and he needed you. You were wracked with anguish at the sight of his being hurt, but you didn't flee or show your fear to him. You were a courageous mother bear when you needed to be, and for that you deserve the accolades.

Could it be that HP is testing you down to your core. Some tests hit you right where you live, right in the heart, to get you to understand your true potential.

How does that line go?..."A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she can be until you put her in hot water."

Alice
Old 08-18-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Take a breath, babe. Accidents happen. This was an accident.

Aw, honey, you do have some good in your life. You have YOU. You - who was sober and there (in more ways than one) when it happened. You had immediate medical attention. You have a mom that loves you. You have another son that loves you. And (ahem) you got us here at SR....

Wouldn't it be great if YOU were the good in your life you were praying for? Sounds like to me that you are! And the good in a lot of other people's lives as well.

All will be well. Promise.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Here's a little something to gnosh on:

"What if we're really angels who've taken on physical bodies and wear funny costumes to hide our wings so no one will know who we are? And what if the density of our bodies and the weight of our costumes has made us forget we have these wings and an indwelling spirit whose nature is to soar?

Maybe we've forgotten we came here to let these wings lift our spirits and dance our lives. And maybe, all we need is just a little nudge to remind us to remove the costumes, unfold our wings and go for it. Consider an event that happened recently at the Liverpool Street Station, in London. It could be considered a little cosmic nudge:

Telecom giant, T-Mobile, chose this location in the UK as the backdrop for a new advertisement, filmed during rush hour. It took 8 weeks of planning, 8 sound tracks of 60s thru 90s music, 10,000 people who auditioned, 400 people chosen, 10 hidden cameras, and a terminal full of unsuspecting commuters... some of whom obviously missed their trains! "

YouTube - The T-Mobile Dance
Old 08-24-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

When I read this I thought that maybe your HP was showing you that you can do this on your own. You are obviously self sufficient and completely capable of taking care of yourself and your kids...without the AH.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hopefully years from now this will be a story that you'll be telling over and over again and family gatherings such as Thanksgiving. You'll laugh, your son's will blush and glasses will be raised.

You're a wonderful caring mother. Prayers and best wishes being sent your way and for your family.