Cocaine Addicted Boyfriend

Old 08-28-2009, 02:07 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Butterfly, AS was constantly in the bathroom, toliets flushing tap running, shower on. What he was doing was smoking crack and I could not smell it. When he was snorting coke found tissues everywhere. There moods are horrendous. Everyone is right here a drug is a drug. If you continue in this relationship you will become just a sick as he is. Im sorry you have had to go through this it is not easy.(((((hugs)))))
Old 08-28-2009, 05:03 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Katie, Yes same thing he was doing,,,he also took many showers here,,,,now you make me think it was more than him being "Mr. Clean" i hadn't thought about the shower but your right he was in there sometimes a half hour with a shower!!!! He went thru a whole role of Toilet paper in one day here.....lots of tissues too....crazy,,,,,educating myself here at SR i reliaze now he was doing both, smoking it and snorting it. We have had NC for 3 weeks now and it is hard but it is the best thing as I can't and won't go back with him. Thank you for your post it helps to hear others confirm what i was going thru with the crazy behaviors and mood swings.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:37 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Butterfly, my cousin was also addicted to crack. She took a million showers a day and no one could figure out why; until my mother found her gear. My advice to you; from a person with a crack-cocaine addicted relative and someone who has dated a cocaine abuser is to first offer your kind support and then give the person an ultimatum. It should ultimately come down to a choice between the drug or your relationship. If this person cares about you like they should, then it should be an easy choice. I'm not saying that he should try to quit cold turkey; I am saying that he should at least be willing to try some sort of rehabilitation. Rehab is what saved my cousin's life.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Butterfly14, I don't know if you're still around on here, but I'd love some follow up as I find myself in a very similar situation. Hope you're well! Thanks!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I haven't been on here in awile. To give you an update my relationship with the above guy ended. I broke up with him several years ago and went NC. Not sure if he ever quit using after we parted but he hever did while we were together. About 2 years ago I ran into a friend of his and he said that he was living with another woman. So who knows whether he is sober or not.

As for me, Now I am so glad that I finally ended that relationship. I had no peace with him and it was an emotionally draining relationship for me. It was rough going when I first ended the relationship but NC helped me break my addiction to him. Looking back now I think why in the world did I stay in that as long as I did???? Insanity. You live and learn.

My best advice is this....If he won't clean up and get help....leave. The longer you stay the harder it will be to leave. Talk is cheap and you will hear plenty of it but it will all amount to nothing. Actions speak louder than words. If he is serious he will get into recovery and turn his life around. This is his problem, truly, and he has to seek help and do the work to get well. Trust me on this....You can't fix him but you can save yourself! If he won't clean up now choose you and get out.

Good Luck to you.