Your HP at work!!

Old 08-14-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Your HP at work!!

Hi all, its been over 3 weeks since my sis-in-law was let out of jail. She has weekly drug testing and has passed them all. My brother Dave and her each have a program to do,Therapy, meetings, parole officer, visit the kid at the foster home. I knew they had to continue cleaning up their place, because thats one big thing that CPS was looking for (right after her getting off drugs). I have seen them working hard at this, even though they have hardly any time to do so. Well yestrday was Dave's 50th birthday. My kids and I came over with party stuff to celebrate, this was planned in advance. When we got there Sis begged us to hold off and help her with some more work around the house, as a new social worker CPS was coming today to inspect. Back when she was on drugs, she would have just wanted to have the party. But this time she wanted to do the more responsible thing, AND she worked with us, which she would never do before. Their trash can is totally full and they have a huge pile next to it, thier van is full of stuff to go to the Salvation Army, I swept the leaves off the patio and got a good scare when a GIANT LIZARD came out and started running toward me!!! Then we had the party. She managed to pay for take-out and a cake for him. Afterward, she sincerely thanked me for helping out, in a way she never had back when she was using.

She and Dave stayed up late to do more cleaning. My kids and I left and went back to my house. This morning she calls me up and proclaims,"There's a GOD!!! There's a GOD!!" Seems the new social worker had called in sick today, and wont even be able to schedule the inspection before next Tuesday!!! So they have all weekend to get rid of even more stuff!! I'm going to let them borrow my truck tomorrow to take a load to the dump or thrift store. Their place will be really pretty once its cleaned up.

My bro and Sis are both going to NA meetings and my bro to NarAnon and AlAnon as well. They are not "all there" yet but are both making progress. In our last phone call, my Sis and I really shared (our joy at CPS not showing up) and we made realistic plans for Saturday. So, things right now are positive.

I want to send a big thanks to everyone here at SR for helping me out, but teaching me about addiction, recovery, detachment, and boundaries. Right now, today, they are using the tools they learned from NA and the steps. They are doing things different than in the past, and from what I learned here, I am able to recognize where they are coming from and respond in a way that supports recovery. Of course I know it could all go POOF!!! tomorrow, but for today I am grateful.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is wonderful. Just like for the it's "one day at a time" for you too.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

THANKS FOR THE UP DATE, so glad to hear that they are doing so well. yes, he is at work and i'm so happy for you. still praying for you guys