Life's Unknown Corners....

Old 08-09-2009, 02:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life's Unknown Corners....

I don't think that I have experienced so much twists and turns in life as I have had in the last 7 years,

It really all began about 7 years ago around this time. My dad became sick with cancer and passed away. I was so devasted, I had never encountered a death so close. Not 3 months after his passing, my husband became a raging crack addict, I was still in devastation from the passing of my dad and this knocked me on the head. His addiction left us pennyless and a seperation in our marriage. Through a few years after it was a ride of constant nightmare after nightmare and battle after battle.

The struggles after struggle of having to or trying to maintain the financial battle with the bills rolling through the door and trying to get enough food for the boys lunches on $6.00. After 6 years of this I finally was able to sell our family home and down size to a smaller home and lessen the finacial burden up and have some room to breath. The boys and I moved a year ago just this past June, just 2 months later in August, my mom became ill and passed away very unexepectly. It was so sudden and quick, my sisters and I were do devasted, we were all so close to mom. My sisters and I are very close as well which I am so thank-full for, as we had each other to lean on and get us through a rough time. It has will be a year on the 24th of August that we lost her.

I hope this is not in bad taste to share this and in no way does it make up for the loss of mom. Mom's will and estate was finalized lastweek and she had divided it between the 3 of us girls, I was able to go to the bank on Wedsday and pay off my mortgage.

My sisters and I were talking and found it so sad, mom and dad never did anything special for theirselves. When they were kids growing up, money was very tight I guess that is what they called the Depression Years. Dad went to work everyday in a mill and mom stayed at home to look after us, so it was still hard for them. After we all grew up and left home, they were so set in their ways and afraid to spend any money. I think my dad wanted to do more, but mom being so afraid, they did nothing.

He loved to fish and it is such a shame that he never got the chance to go away on a nice fishing trip before he passed away, I sure hope he is fishing where he is.

Rose
Old 08-09-2009, 05:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Life is wonderful and weird... you know. I am sorry for your losses and I also believe your Mom and Dad would be happy to know that they have helped you in more ways than they can imagine. I am blessed with wonderful parents myself. In honor of your parents and because you deserve it... don't forget to stop and smell the roses and treat yourself to something fun. Now that you have more security... go and do... think of Mom and Dad and live life. That's what it's for... enjoy.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a bittersweet story. Your dad is fishing every day, I'm quite sure, and catching the big ones! Your mom has her wings wrapped around you with every step you take....don't ever forget that.

I'm very happy that you have finally gotten some room to breathe a little. Your boys are very lucky to have you! You're a great mom!

Have a blessed day!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have a feeling that your mom and dad are both smiling down on you and your sisters, knowing that their legacy is helping you some.

I'm a big believer that you are happier with "enough" when you have been poor, I know it has made me appreciate the financial stability in my life and it has also taught me to save for those rainy days. I'm glad you got some help here, Rose, and hope life is a little easier because of it. I'm sure your mom would be pleased.

Hugs
Old 08-09-2009, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Aawww Rose...
I have no doubt your dad is fishing...
God Bless your parents...they sound alot like mine.
I'm sure they are with you always in spirit...and I bet they know and are so happy that they can lift a burden from your shoulders like this.
Sending hugs