Why can't I let it go? Update of sorts..

Old 08-09-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
No Day But Today

It's just not fair that we're the ones that suffer so greatly. I'm so sorry to hear blackrose...And it doesn't matter how many times you tell yourself that they aren't the same person, it still hurts just as much. It doesn't make it any better or any easier to handle it. We've only been apart for a month or two (I couldn't imagine 4 years!)....but in reality..he's been gone for much longer. We had him back, or almost back, for a couple months..but we've lost him again. I don't think he's ever coming back either. I have a feeling that we'll be putting him in the ground before he ever even resembles the amazing man he was...
Old 08-09-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 28Days View Post
I've heard of the book...but...I'm just...I've never found books to be overly helpful...
When the pain of your current situation becomes great enough, you may become willing to try something new, like taking suggestions from a book. Save the title for that time, because IMO, this is the very best book you can read for your situation.

For now, you seem determined to get him to come back. Be careful what you wish for.

Have you tried praying for God to bring you the strength you need to get over this man? Or are you at a place where you are determined not to get over him, because to do so would mean admitting that you have lost him, and this is too painful to think of?

I once thought I couldn't bear losing a man I loved, but with Gods' help, I'm happy again, and you will be too, if you only let yourself let him go. I'm sorry for your pain.

Love,
KJ
Old 08-09-2009, 12:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
IPT

Originally Posted by kj3880 View Post
Or are you at a place where you are determined not to get over him, because to do so would mean admitting that you have lost him, and this is too painful to think of?

I once thought I couldn't bear losing a man I loved, but with Gods' help, I'm happy again, and you will be too, if you only let yourself let him go. I'm sorry for your pain.

Love,
KJ
I realized today that this is in part where I am at. We have had so many on and offs that a part of me doesn't want to let go because she might come back. On a conscious level I almost know I can not go back, but it is hard fully accepting that. It is a painful loss.

As was stated above, my therapist and I feel that my significant emotional response is also connected to a bad relationship I had as a teenager. Unfortuately my first real romantic relationship and my trust was taken advantage of leaving me pretty hurt in the end.

Tough times I tell you. I know we'll all come out at some point and be happy again. I've done it several times and found happiness again. It's the transition that;s tough and for me (and you) this is a long painful one.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
No Day But Today

I don't even know what to make of him right now. He started working apparently. He wants to move out, into a even MORE toxic enviroment (a house with his druggie friends and dealers, away from student res, and therefore, no rules). We started talking yesterday because we've been concerned that I'm pregnant due to the assault the other week. He started out being a total jack-ss. Just saying nasty things (the one that rings through my head the most is when he said "so no, seriously, i dont want to talk to you at all. youve seriously f-cked this all up. i cant believe you did this, who are you, really?".....that hurt more than I like to admit). Once I started working I couldn't text anymore, and once I finally did, he started singing a different tune. He was being almost sympathetic. I think I got through to him how much pain this is causing me, and how much stress. And then he says "what happened to you. youve had more stress than this. youve pulled through more than this before. you can handle this. youve handled worse". I mean...wtf!? I hate when he does that, 'cause then I sit and OBSSESS over it. Who changes that drastically? He wasn't saying it with any attitude. He was sincere. I'm just not sure what to make of it.

Funny how I know what he is, what he does...and I still try to find some meaning in things hahaha. Silly child.