Daughter in jail

Old 08-07-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gotahavfaith View Post
I still don't have a clear plan. Guess I will take kids to sitter, go to work and let it all play out as it will. Still praying to HP to show me the way. Thanks everyone.

Gotahavfaith
I don't have *that kind* of experience (yet), but this sounds like the right thing to me. If the kids need help, God will make it known to you.

Just keep breathing....and handing it over. Will be thinking of you today.
:praying
Old 08-07-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You did great!!!! - especially being that this is her first arrest. I was a maniac the first time my son was arrested and it was ME who had him arrested. I think the hardest thing for me after detaching is that then i didnt know what to do. i had always ran around crazy fixing things and suddenly i didnt have that anymore - that's when I had to finally deal with my own emotions. It was hard but you can get through it - allowing myself to feel anger without freaking out, fear without trying to fix things, sadness without despair has been a long journey that i still have to work at but it is getting easier.

Lets hope this does something or is starting her path to rock bottom. I pray she hits it quickly so she can start coming back up.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gotahavfaith View Post
I still don't have a clear plan. Guess I will take kids to sitter, go to work and let it all play out as it will. Still praying to HP to show me the way. Thanks everyone.

Hon, I think that is the best that you can do, and really, that's all our HP wants. :ghug2 :ghug2
Old 08-07-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Daughter called work a little while ago, she is out of jail. Goes to court Monday. If she pleads guilty, it stays in our little village court, $250 fine and MAYBE a years probation, no reporting tho as long as she doesn't get in anymore trouble. If she pleads not guilty then it goes to our municipal court.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I talked to her, but she was calm, thanks for getting kids Mom, I am sorry Mom, gonna change my life Mom. She said last nite was the worst nite of her life. The officer that was there talked to her about the decisions she was making, she tried to talk him into letting her sign her own bond last nite, but he told her no. I am so grateful that he was on duty. Maybe HP had a hand in that too. She said she really didn't expect me to bail her out because I had told her I was done, and this time she said she knew I meant it.

She is going to go get the kids, she & kids have been staying with a friend and that is where they are going. I think I am just going to let her take responsibility for her & kids. These are her kids and she is going to have to decide what is best for them at this point. I'm not sure that now is the time for me to step in. We all have a journey on this earth, we all have a HP watching over us, and I know the kids have extra angels watching over them. I have prayed for God to keep them safe. If and when I need to step in I have prayed that I will know.

Thank you all for your prayers and hugs. I really needed them. I do feel that something has changed in me and this site has played a big part in that.

Gotahavfaith
Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

It's never easy watching our kids stumble in life.

Experience is the best teacher

Praying for you and your family, that your daughter has learned a lesson!!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

gotahavfaith, You did amazing. Yep, I know how it hurt, I know how hard it was, but you did SO GOOD. Right from the start you stuck to your boundaries, then today, you continued to stay in your own hula hoop.

It is amazing to me that when I finally let go (and I mean REALLY let go) that HP's plan has the room to work. I don't know why it is still so hard to just get out of HP's way. I'm just that stubborn I guess. lol

However, you did just that.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well, it sounds like IT is working! Keep IT up!

Saying a little prayer for you and your family right now...

Hugs!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone!

Thank you ALL!!! I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

I feel like today is a new day, a new me! Even tho I still have some anxiety, I AM GETTING THRU IT.

Gotahavfaith
Old 08-07-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Got to have Faith,

Wow, you are doing a great job of minding your own business, taking care of you and turning it over to HP. You daughter has a HP too and he seems to be taking care of her just fine.

You stepped in when the grandkids needed you and took care of them, turned them over to a capable day care provider and let your daughter pick them up, just as she should - they're her kids.

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT job! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !
Old 08-07-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you so much JMF. I really needed to hear that. Brought tears to my eyes. thanks

Maybe I won't be so afraid to post here anymore. I am tired of being afraid.

Gotahavfaith
Old 08-07-2009, 03:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
totfit

Not covering for her, but it was really frickin stupid to arrest her for possession of MJ and smoking it. Why in the hell didn't they just write her a ticket if she had kids to take care of.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Because it's against the law to use drugs and marijuana is definitely a destructive drug. And just maybe her being arrested for the first time was enough of a hard time to give her a wake up call before she is hurt badly or someone else is. It's definitely more important than just a slap on the hand. I am the Mother of a son who uses this and it is horribly destructive. I'm really sick of so many people making light of the use of marijuana and others trying to get it legalized everywhere. What in the world are they thinking?????
Old 08-08-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thank you Nina. That she was arrested was the point. Maybe this will give her the needed push to get her life in order. Yes they are going to slap her on the wrist, but that is a first slap, if she doesn't learn from this at some point there will be a harder slap, and who knows where that will lead. She has just been lucky? up to this point, that it hasn't happened sooner, and the charges weren't worse. It gave her some time to think about her life, so I am grateful that she got arrested. (did I just say that?) But it is true.

Gotahavfaith
Old 08-08-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you. I feel for you with what your going through, and I know how you must feel. She is still your daughter, and you love her and worry about her, regardless of if she is right or wrong. It's not easy watching our kids make mistakes and destroy their lives. However in your daughters case there are two beautiful little babies involved, and that is sad. Maybe a night in jail was just the right remedy for her. Doesn't she understand that she could lose custody of her children? Whatever it takes to turn her around, is what is needed. Be it a night in jail, or some other kind of a wake up call.
I feel for you and your grandchildren. You are the victims. Your daughter has no idea how much pain and destruction she is causing to you, and her kids. I sure hope reality wakes her up soon. Before something really horrible happens. Prayers for your family in these tough times.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:22 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by totfit View Post
Not covering for her, but it was really frickin stupid to arrest her for possession of MJ and smoking it. Why in the hell didn't they just write her a ticket if she had kids to take care of.
The majority of the times, the cops know what kids are into...whether it's oxys or crack or something else. If they catch them with "just marijuana" they will lock them up to send them a message of "that's all we got you with THIS time..you're lucky...might not be so lucky next time"

I know a cowowrker who didn't take that first arrest with "just weed" seriously and he is now going to prison on much more serious charges.

(((Gotahavfaith)) You did great, sweetie. I hope this is her wake-up, but whatever SHE does, you keep on your path of recovery and you'll be just fine.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-08-2009, 09:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Sounds like you were peeking through my window! Same events for me as well. The bad part is it has happened not only to one child but working on the third. It still is as heart breaking
Old 08-09-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Oh my Ellsie. It has taken me a long time to get to this point with one child. Please know, I am sending out BIG HUGS to you. Angelic-good to see you girl. Thank you.
Imperrfect, I think that is exactly what happened with the arrest. I am hoping some good comes out of this, mind you, not holding my breath, but hoping.

I truly am trying to work on my recovery.

Gotahavfaith
Old 08-10-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hi, sorry it took me so long. i read the entire post and i'm so proud of you. you say you were afraid along with a whole host of other emotions and you stuck to your guns and worked through your fears. she even seemed to be thanking you for helping with the kids and allowing her to suffer the consequences of her own actions.

this is the kind of help my family gave me when i was using and it really helped me to see more about what i needed to do to save myself. as hard as that had to be for you, i think you did GREAT.

I pray she learns from this and is ready to move forward from here. i'll keep you and her in my prayers.