understanding addiction & yourself. LET IT GO.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up understanding addiction & yourself. LET IT GO.

I really suggest anyone having trouble letting go of an addict ex, or parents with addicted children to READ these books.

I really recomend this book,
Amazon.com: Addiction: Why Can't They Just Stop?: John Hoffman, Susan Froemke, Sheila Nevins, Susan Cheever: Books

It really explains addiction, and helped me start to see i am NOT the problem.

This book is also great but I have not finished it yet, How to Break Your Addiction to a Person, Howard Marvin Halpern, Book - Barnes & Noble

Wrapping yourself up in a book also takes ur mind away from constantly thinking of the memories (good or bad) or annalyzing any situation you can. Their are alot of self help books out their that will help you to see WE are actually letting the addicted drives us crazy, because we dont understand HOW they could do this to us, WHY they could do this to us, HOW the other person was better than us, ect ect the list could go on.

I am not over my ex nor the situation i went through, but I am moving forward, not crying and really understanding just how scary addiction is. Love them from far. Thats the best advice Ive got and I definatly am taking it.

I strongly recomend if your not able to let go of an addict in your life you try UNDERSTANDING addiction for what it is.
" a brain disease" it takes alot of time for them to begin to recover, and their can and most likley is other factors/ diseases that they have surcome along the way (bi polar- psychosis) ect,

PLEASE READ ADDICTION! SUCH A GREAT BOOK.
xoxo