Update; hi

Old 07-24-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Update: Hi

lately i've been doing some reading and i realized just how much i've missed you all. my health has improved some but im still not able to type as much as i would like without ending in pain. i can see how much the stress of living with addiction has affected my health and now that its all quite and void of that stress, i feel much better,daily.

i'm still not divorced yet but its been almost 2 yrs since ah has been out the home, and by choice, i have no contact with him. mil calls every once in a while to see how we are,she says, but sounds to me like venting about ah and ah's ac, who both live with her. sometimes i answer her calls and sometimes not because, though i do sympathize with her, she has chosen to be in the mist of it.

she has been a commited/dedicated enabler who thought me to be a mean person because i could not share her commitment. she sounds kind of worn down by her two active live-in addicts who are still unemployed, fighting and depending on her to provide for them.

i am so grateful that today i can honesty say that i'm not being affected by her commitment to her addicts or their commitments to their doc. while being sorry for her, i thank my hp that finally its not me.

thank you all for your commitment to helping me to focus on me and the kids. i love you all and i still pray for all of you and your loved ones.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hey, Teke, it's good to see you. You sound like your recovery is shining and seeing you through tricky times with the MIL.

She'll have her hands full and when she's had "enough" you can maybe point her in the direction of the nearest meeting. I, too, am glad to be in the place I am in today. It was a long journey getting here and I don't plan to look back anytime soon.

Big hugs and hope you'll keep in touch.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Teke)))) I think of you often and pray for you and the kids (and your ah too) daily. I'm glad you re starting to feel a little better physically and happy to see that your head remains in a good place.

You have always been such an inspiration in your faith and recovery. I hope you will be able to stay around to share a bit. Hugs.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hey Teke,

Good to hear from you and glad to hear that things are going OK with you. Isn't it cool when you can look back and see how far you've come?

Hugs to you and the kiddos too
Old 07-25-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Teke... so good to hear from you and that you are doing well. My AH and I have
been separated since Sept. 08..... I know what you mean about having peace without
the front row seat to addiction! Take Care!

(((HUGS)))
Ray
Old 07-25-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi teke, I'm glad you're feeling better and hope and pray that your health will continue to improve. Thanks so much for the update and for sharing your strong recovery.
It's great to hear from you and to know you are doing so well! (((teke)))
Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Teke,
So glad that you are doing so well in your recovery. Hope your health continues to improve Hopefully your MIL will reach her rock bottom soon and seek guidance from you, about where to go for more help.
Keeping all of you in my prayers