Patience

Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Patience

winnie's update spoke to me but I didn't want to hijack her thread. I have no patience right now, it is depleted and just about everything is sending me through the roof. I'm not trying to control anything but my evil temper and I'm constantly praying.

How do I find more patience?
Old 07-15-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I find a lot of impatience setting in, I have to evaluate where I am at with my HP. 100% of the time, I find I have lost that conscious contact, and my spiritual battery is way too low.

:ghug2
Old 07-15-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I don't know much about patience but I know a bit about this temper of mine. My therapist told me one thiing that helped and that is, when you find yourself angry, take some time to think about it and determine what your expectations are.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think I've lost patience when it comes to enforcing my boundaries. It's like 99% of the people I have to be in contact with are either pushing them or just not listening and it's happening all at once.

I've checked my temper and it's taken Herculean effort. My instinct, my nature, is to fight and I don't know how much longer I can hold on before I explode and cause spiritual and emotional damage to others besides myself.

Aside from physically getting away from everyone for a few days, I don't know what else to do?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The best advice i will give you comes from my best friend. DO NOT PRAY FOR PATIENCE. If you pray for patience then HP will give you opportunities to learn patience. Years ago i started praying for that because it was really something i felt i needed (she tried to warn me) and since that time i have gone through he!! learning it. Pray to HP for patience in a situation but be very careful about praying to be a patient person - hardest lesson i've ever had to learn. I am a lot more patient - actually have people now comment on what a patient person i am but i cant say the journey getting here was easy.

But in the end i find that patience comes from acceptance and is very similar in nature to peace. When i accept that there is nothing that i can do then finally the peace comes over me and i stop fighting it. its not something i've mastered but i'm working on it.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by winnie12 View Post
DO NOT PRAY FOR PATIENCE.
I learned that same lesson the hard way, too. Same thing goes for strength and courage lol. I started re-wording it to "please share your ___ with me."

Well... I just realized I feel calm and it came out of nowhere. I sent a mass text message to my out of town friends, the people I'm not dealing with, and asked for a prayer. Told them I don't want to talk about it, just need a prayer.

That and posting here seems to have done the trick. Maybe reaching out and asking is how I was supposed to find patience again. Maybe accepting myself and my limitations is how I found calm.

Thank you winnie for reaching out in your thread. Because of it I was able to give myself permission to do the same
Old 07-15-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When I find myself in situations where it feels like others are pushing back on my boundaries, I sometimes find that my so-called boundary was an attempt to control them. Know what I mean?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes I do though it doesn't apply here. I can only ask others to stay out of my space or respect my privacy so many times before I snap. My snapping point is very physical and hostile, I've been there before.

Yesterday evening I let one person know if they wanted to continue, go get a phone because they'd need to call 911. I wasn't joking either and they knew it. I had used every tool I had by then.

While that solved that problem for the time being, it left me completely depleted of patience. I had none - zero! - left to give anyone up until a short while ago. That's a very dangerous place to be in and I'm glad I found a solution.