Found some courage

Old 07-11-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Found some courage

Hi everyone! Haven't posted for a long time, just come here and read.

Yesterday I found the courage to tell my daughter she had to leave. She is not using (I don't think) but I just can't stand the "behavior" anymore. She lies, about big stuff, about little stuff, and about STUPID stuff. I caught her in a big lie over money this time. I have helped all I can, damn near ruined myself financially, have taken care of her kids when she couldn't. I just can't believe she would lie over $100 that she received and said she didn't.

When I got home from work, she had packed some stuff, not all, and took the kids. I don't know where she is. I know that I am doing the right thing, but it hurts so bad, especially because of the kids. I know that Nick (5) did not want to go.

But I guess I will put on my big girl pants today and just try to get thru the day.

Thanks for listening.

Gotahavfaith
Old 07-11-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Gotahavfaith))

I'm sure it wasn't easy, but the only time we learn that our "behaviors" don't work is when they stop working. As long as there is someone to put up with them, well, we'll keep using them!

I hope you can do something, today, just for you..I think a little self-indulgence is in order

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-11-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gotahavfaith....you just gotahavfaith that you did the right thing.

:praying, NH7
Old 07-11-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Big Hugs Gotahavfaith! I know how hard it is, we did this with our son, but you did the right thing!

Do like your screen name and keep the faith! :praying
Old 07-12-2009, 07:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for the encouraging words. I did hear from her yesterday, she stopped in and brought youngest grandson in, they were on their way to Urgent care, he was sick. She also brought some groceries in. I loved on grandson, but didn't ask where they were staying, ask if other grandson was ok, she said yes but he wanted to come home.

Yesterday I sat around feeling really bad, but I got thru the day. Just kept praying. We had some really bad storms that I watched out the window, didn't make me feel any better. Today I am getting out of the house, maybe a motorcycle ride.

I just don't know why she has to be this way. She is not using so why the behavior? :wtf2 All I ask for is the truth. I can handle most anything but the lying.

Hope you all have a good day today.

Gotahavfaith
Old 07-12-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(gotahavefaith)

I'm sorry to hear about your struggle. It must be so difficult...especially because of the children. I'm sending a prayer and some strength your way. Get out there...go on that motorcycle ride...and try to be extra nice and loving to yourself right now.

Hang tough.
Big hugs...
Old 07-12-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well, I did treat myself to a motorcycle ride today and it was nice. My sister came over and helped me work on my computer and brought me Food. So that was really nice.

But now I sit here. Daughter called and I let voice mail pick up. I knew I shouldn't have listened to it!!! My 5yo grandson wants to come home and my 2yr old grandson is sick with ear infection and molars coming in. Uggg. I just don't know what to do with that.

This is the only home Nick has known, how do I tell a child that he can't come home. (I wouldn't care to keep him, but I don't have anyplace for him to go while me and hubby work tomorrow.) This is really tough.

Any suggestions??

Praying for higer power to show me what to do. Just say a prayer for me.

Gotahavfaith