Nervous and excited

Old 07-08-2009, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nervous and excited

For once I have something good to post. I am 33yrs old and going on a date. I haven't been on a date in years. A very dear friend of mine is taking me to see Harry Potter. He knows I am a huge fan. He lives 2 hours away and will be driving here to take me to the movie and dinner. I haven't been on a date in so long that I am actually nervous. I am so excited. LOL I feel like a school girl agian having to figure out the perfect outfit and so on. And the date is not for at least 2 weeks. He has to plan ahead with his job. Is this normal for someone my age? Shouldn't I be all calm and relaxed about it instead of this excited and nervous?

THe awsome thing about this guy is I have known him since I was 15. We went to school together. We have always kept in contact regaurdless of what my AH tried to do to scare him off like all my other friends. He has never drank, done drugs or gambled and has no interest in it. Sigh of relief here. lol He is also a wonderful father having raised his 13yr old son on his own and his son is wonderful. He and my daughter used to play together when they were young.

This guy says it is our first official date. lol He knows all about my AH and all that has gone on. He has been my confident for the past several months. And has been there when I ended up in the hospital. I am so excited.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

Wow Nikki ~ I'm so excited for you. I'm 32 and probably about to be single after a 9 year relationship. Thank you for sharing your excitement. It makes me think about what a fun and exciting time that can be... I hope you have fun!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mine lasted 7yrs. And it took a long time for me to be able to handle the fact that I was going to be single agian. Now I am fine with it. And actually relieved to no longer having to deal with the majority of the stress I had to before. There is sunny skies afterward. I didn't think so before but there is.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nikki, It made me happy just feeling how excited you are from your post. It's great that you feel this way - enjoy it! You've gone through a lot of pain...now is the time to focus on you and what makes Nikki happy
Old 07-09-2009, 12:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Yay for you!! This is so good to hear! It makes me feel like there is a silver lining for me someday in that department...
Old 07-09-2009, 12:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

Nikki-
its totally awesome that you're so excited! Butterflies are great! Savor that feeling! I think its wonderful when we find ourselves in situations in life that make us feel so young and more carefree. When all you can think about is finding the cutest outfit...how cool!
I can't wait to hear how the date goes! He sounds really sweet...and you're worth it!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

As sad as the endings may be, it's a part of getting through to the new beginnings.

I too feel your excitement and am cheering you on. Your friend sounds like a great person, and I hope you both have a wonderful time at the movie and dinner.

Hugs