His relapse finally landed in jail...

Old 07-03-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy His relapse finally landed in jail...

I'm so sad for my ex-afiance. I found out last nite that he was picked-up for Grand Larceny and Burglary. Awaiting arraignment over the 4th of July weekend. Last time his relapse landed him in jail was exactly two years ago: 3 July 2007 (served 8 months, and the codie-sucker I was waited for him at the gates upon release).

This time I feel very differently about his situation. At 6-ft tall, he weighed 176 when healthy -- but last nite his stats showed him weighing 135 pounds. His online mugshot looked like a holocaust survivor. I feel that God/HP really intervened on this one, he looks like Death was around the corner if he was on the streets for much longer. This incarceration actually saved his life, I believe. So sad.

I also believe that God/HP is helping me, too, by intervening in this way because it is giving me the kick I needed to "get busy living". I realized today that I had been putting-off accepting a (potential) job in a different state than I am currently living in with my parents because I would be even farther away from him than I am already (2,400 miles). Although I had left him, I still hoped that "something" would happen and everything would change and be "all better" and we could go back to the "happy times" (Magical Thinking).

Today I learned that it's time to get busy living again.. moving on to the next phase... without him. Thank you God for this new lesson.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for him and I'll pray this is his bottom. He's in HP's hands now where he should be.

I would be inclined to think that HP has tucked him away to make it abundantly clear to you that life must go on without him. Take that job. Move away and move on.

There's nothing more to wait for. There's only looking forward for you now.

I'm getting tingly thinking of the new beginning this could be for you...how exciting!!!

Best wishes!!

Alice
Old 07-03-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It seems that when we reach our "enough" point, everything changes.

Good for you for "living" your life. Life is a precious gift, too precious to waste living in someone else's hell.

Hugs
Old 07-03-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, i am so sorry to hear! Sending you my good thoughts (as much as i can muster up.)

yvonne
Old 07-04-2009, 12:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

I pray for you and everyone who has been through this...we will make it to happy times soon...I have faith in that
Old 07-04-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just went through something very similar. My ex relapsed and it was a violation of his probation...so now he is in jail as well. He didn't even tell me about the court date. I have thought of calling and getting his info so I can write to him, but I didn't and I know I shouldn't...that doesn't mean that I don't think about it on a daily basis though. I also felt like I should call the sober living place he was at and see if anyone picked up his clothes and whatever he had left (I am sure he sold stuff so he could get high) but then I think if he was using and missed drug tests, he might very well not have been living there for some time now, so I didn't. I know no one else will call, but why should I be stuck picking up the pieces. I have this chance right now to pu this all behind me and move on. He has no way to contact me except via mail because all I have is a cell phone and he can only make collect calls. Since he has no one else to put money orders in the canteen for him he has no way to get stamps...therefore no contact....and that's exactly what I need right now. I know there is a good possibility that if I get even some form of contact from him that I will get sucked back in. I too hoped that once day things would get back to the way they were...but I am just kidding myself at this point. So my friend...hugs to you. It's time to take back your life and start living for you again. I know what your going through, and it hurts and we think about them all the time...the could have...would have...should have...but its time to let go an move on. Hugs to you, be strong and take your life back.