Not sure where to go from here...

Old 06-29-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No Day But Today

Unhappy Not sure where to go from here...

I am pleading people, I don't know what I can do anymore. I cannot give up. I am already out of his life, and therefore am safe and taking care of myself. But, my addicted ex-bf is going from bad to worse. He has gone from just smoking pot, to doing acid (I'm betting other things too). He claims that it's just like pot. He denies his problem, in all the most classic ways. He's screwing up in school. Losing friends. Ruining relationships. Lost the girl he loves. He's gained weight like crazy, and has horrible eating patterns. He's hostil. Aggressive. And he has developed an incredible temper, in which he snaps at the drop of a hat, and then is fine. Now...he's talking about killing himself.

Apparently his mother has been told about this, and said nothing really. I am going to talk to her again soon..but I doubt it will do anything.

What course of action is there left?
Old 06-29-2009, 02:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No Day But Today

He's told two different people about the suicide thing. He told me he thinks about jumping off his balcony.

He's pulled away from the people who really care about him in his life. And his mom doesn't seem to get it. I've been concerned that he's depressed for a while now. But I just don't know what to do....

I guess it bothers him that we don't talk anymore, so I feel like I should stick to that, and maybe it'll make an impact, but otherwise....

It breaks my heart knowing he's doing this...
Old 06-29-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

Hun.. you say you're out of his life, yet still know new and intimate details about his life, drug use and suicidal thoughts.

If he's suicidal, someone can call the police.

I hope you find a way to *really" get out of his life, and him out of yours.

There's nothing you can do.. focus on you.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hello love. take the suicide stuff seriously...if you are going to continue to be in his life, which you clearly are, if he says the word suicide, don;t listen to the rest. call for help. then, take a deep deep breath, and walk away, trust the professionals and tend to your own life.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How old is he??
Old 06-30-2009, 04:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hotamale View Post
hello love. take the suicide stuff seriously...if you are going to continue to be in his life, which you clearly are, if he says the word suicide, don;t listen to the rest. call for help. then, take a deep deep breath, and walk away, trust the professionals and tend to your own life.
Good Advice. Nobody can know the difference between suicidal intent or threat, not even the person saying they're going to kill themselves. Two things happen by calling the police or crisis team when someone talks about hurting themselves:
1) If the person is serious, then you have helped them become safe and get the help they need.

or
2) if the person is manipulating, their night will be ruined, they may even be involuntarily held for 72 hours. The person will know that they cannot play with you.

Win / Win
Old 06-30-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Suicidal threats call 911 or your county mental health department for advice.
as for the rest - the sad thing is that there is nothing you can do. Doing nothing for some of us is the hardest thing we will ever do. I know for me it was but i had finally come to the realization that no matter what i did or said - nothing was changing. The only way for my AS to change was for things to get bad enough for him that he wanted to change. Read the sticky on let me fall.