updates from Hong Kong!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
turning red!

updates from Hong Kong!

Hello there dear friends,
I wanted to check on SR today and what a good idea it was since i saw Loves post
And i also see some friends here and know that eventhough i come less and less, i haven't stopped thinking of you.

My little update is just to let you know that soon Rain (my rabf) - who's been in a rehab for nearly 11 months now- will be back home in end July. I really can't wait but i'm also a bit anxious about it, of course. Don't want to go back to crazy road again. I think my boundaries will be pretty strong now, especially that we have now a 13months daughter. Told him that if he relapses then that'll be the last drop and this time i'll really stick to my words: i've been through too many "getting better, relapse, rehab, getting better etc.." Now with baby around, i can't accept to put her in any sort of stressing/dangerous environment. He totally understands that.
So just pray for him to be strong, that's what he wants the most and i know he means it.
Our girl, Mia, is the most adorable toddler on earth (of course!) and she is the happiest: always laughing, dancing, making faces. Love her so much.
Rain has permission to come back home every 3 weeks and stays over the WE so it gives us some nice quality time and the possibility to adjust to his presence slowly slowly. We also go visit him every Sunday.
He's the happiest he's ever been now. Hope it'll stay that way.

Take good care all
Carine
Old 06-19-2009, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great to 'see' you!

Sounds like things are going well for all of you. You sound so strong! Thanks for the update.

Has it been almost a year already.....wow, so much can happen/change in a year. You all will be in my thoughts/prayers for continued strength and growth - both individually and as a family.

:ghug3
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Funkzer....oh oh...I was so excited to see you! You just made my night! Please any pic's of Mia. What a beautiful name and I can only believe her name suits her. I am so glad you checked in.

Yes you have been through many ups and downs with Rain just as the rest of us. I can guess you are probably having some up and down feelings with him coming home soon, what more can one do other than have hope. Little Mia is number 1 now and I am sure you have made that Bold and Clear to him.

My ah never did clean up, but he also never stayed in a rehab or treatment center more than 30 days and that was court ordered. I finally did divorce, I sold the home we had and bought a small 2 bedroom rancher, cute as a button, has a nice private yard, it was this time last year that I moved so I really didn't get a chance to do much summer yard work, but now I just lose myself outside, I found my addiction....garden centers! There is so much I want to do, I just get so overwhelmed, I'm putting in a pond, have in my mind what I want, then BOOM I see something different at another garden shop.

I truly believed that the ache would never go away, I have to say that the day I left that house a year ago was the best thing I could have ever done. I am really finding out about me the best I have felt in over 6 years. The more I think about it and the more that I learn about me, even before he took up the crack he was a control freak, I was harboured from myself for over 20 years.

Oh enough about me...I am just so glad to here from you!

Rose
Old 06-20-2009, 03:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well, it's like homecoming weekend here at SR, it's good to see you Carine.

You have gone through huge changes this past year or so, with the baby and Rain in rehab, and my prayers go out that you can find/keep your peace no matter how it unfolds later.

Hugs to little Mia, she is at a wonderful age where her own little personality begins to shine through.

Hugs
Old 06-20-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Carine, It is good to see you and to see such a positive update. My daughter has 13 months clean of heroin, so it can be done. I will send a ton of positive prayers Rain's way. And prayers for you and Mia too. Just remember to keep the focus on you and little Mia and you will be okay. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-20-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
turning red!

thanks my dear friends It's also great to hear from you 4 and see some good news (yeah Rose, you rock!) and ouah Marle i'm sooo happy for your daughter (and for you too!!) let's cross fingers, Rain is off heroin for 1 year now...

i try to send a picture of Mia giving each one of you a flower
Old 06-20-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh Carine, she is just so darn sweet! I can only imagine you are having the time of your life with her! I know she has one darn good mama!

Rose
Old 06-20-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Carine)))) Hi sweetie! it's wonderful to see you and darling Mia! I'm so glad you posted a pic - she is absolutely beautiful! I see she has a flower behind her ear; did Mama do that for her?

I'm so glad things are going well and that Rain is finding some happiness. You sound very good and healthy - that time away from the madness allows so much healing, doesn't it?

You, Rain and Mia will be in my prayers. Hugs.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh, she is gorgeous. Can't believe she is that big already. Glad to hear that you are doing well. My babies are all grown up. Oldest graduates from high school next weekend. I can't believe it and at the same time I am so proud. So nice to see you here... hope all continues positively for you.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

OH MY GOSH!!! What a BEAUTIFUL little girl!!!!!! I wanted to jump through my puter and just snuggle her up Funky!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((funkzterRain,Mia)))))) Prayer going out for your family and wishing you all the best. Pretty girl!!
Old 06-21-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

I remember you being one of the first posts I read, I myself now with an 11 month old, knew that at the time you would get through it. You are so strong! I decided that the best approach for my situation was to move back home with the parents until I get on my feet. I do miss being in my own home, but he has always been an active addict, still in denial, so there was no chance for a drama free life with him around. I hope you are doing well, have you started any baby hobbies? Scrapbooking perhaps? I want to get some frames soon and put pics of my little one in them to remind me of my blessings...I hope you do well with his recovery and I hope he does become one of the success stories. It sounds great...Have a great day!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
turning red!

Thanks girls
Hi Whereami, thanks for your post and your faith in me ;P you know, i've been with him for like 10 years so after a while you have no choice but to be strong i guess! I see you're pretty damn strong yourself, don't know if i could really leave my abf and go back to my parents (which would have to be in France!)
Addiction is so sad. I sure hope i can be a "success story" but only time will tell...
Yep i'm doing a little book for her with pictures and drawings and stuff. Wish i had more time to spend with her though, my work is crazy busy so i'm never home before 8.30pm.
Times to put her in bed now (she's a night bird waiting for mummy and in a way, i'm not going to change that now so i can spend a bit with her)
All my best to you and 11 month baby!
Take care x
Old 06-23-2009, 10:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Thanks, my little one stays up till 10 too and takes her nap at 3 so that I get to play with her more. She actually started singing today ba-ba-ba sooo cute. Her birth started the best part of my life and I am sooo happy to have her in my life. I think she is just a little angel sent to remind me of the good still in the world.