Wow..9more dys till husband out of rehab after 6mo

Old 06-18-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Wow..9more dys till husband out of rehab after 6mo

Well, the long journey of this 6mo rehab is almost over.the more he talks about what he needs for recovery, the kind of dad he is gonna be 2 his daughter, how he wont put up w/my "stuff", um...lets C..his plans..im getting scared. Almost as scared as when he was abusing drugs/alcohol. He has stated (which i think is good and agree) his priorities are 1. God, his sobriety, 2. Wife, our kids (my2, his 2,) 3. family and 4. friends. if you have followed a bit of my previous posts we have had a rocky time anyway. i care so much for him i dont want him to relapse. i know its up to him and is not easy. i am not sure what i can do--besides keepin myself sane!! i he tells me continuously he loves me..receive the nicest letters... im not sure tho...

Old 06-18-2009, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Has he talked at all about taking a few more months and going to a Sober Living Home as an 'in between' for going from 'institutionalized living' to partial 'freedom' to 'back totally in the real world.'?

I ask only because I know and have seen these many years how hard it is for someone who has been in rehab to adjust to the BIG WIDE WORLD, and how some 'intermittent' living in a Sober Living Environment, devoted to recovery, with others early in recovery is so beneficial to a person's recovery.

Would also give you both a chance to 'get used to the new you's' a bit at a time.

Just a thought.

Love and hugs,

PS, could I ask you for my OLD eyes and others on this board that in your future posts to please use a more normal size font and black type? My old eyes just ain't what they used to be. lol Thank you
Old 06-18-2009, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up ooops

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
PS, could I ask you for my OLD eyes and others on this board that in your future posts to please use a more normal size font and black type? My old eyes just ain't what they used to be. lol Thank you

oOOOPPPSSSsssss..soo sry
Old 06-18-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

i he tells me continuously he loves me..receive the nicest letters... im not sure tho...
And for now that is a 'good' reaction. His ACTIONS after he is out will show how much his recovery means to him.

That was on of the reason's I suggest A SLH. You will certainly have a lot more 'interaction' with him than now, but it will allow you to continue to work on you, and 'observe' from a distance his ACTIONS.

He is still in fairly early recovery and is going to have 'mood swings', 'possible temper tantrums', and a whole variety of not nice and nice behaviors rearing their ugly heads. Giving both of you the 'space' that he will need to learn how to use 'all those tools' he has been given will certainly not harm his recovery or yours.

J M H O

oOOOPPPSSSsssss..soo sry
No reason to be sorry, roflmao, how could you know? You couldn't, lol YOu just wait, your turn will be coming some years down the road, roflmao

Love and hugs,
Old 06-18-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Question me..

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
so while HE'S been in rehab, what type of things have YOU been doing for YOU? any meetings? counseling? one on one? in the space of six months YOUR world it getting turned upside down THREE times....first with an active addict, then with an absent in treatment addict, and then with a newly recovering addict....
i am in counseling 1x a week, i attended al-anon until i couldnt fix the childcare issued (was evenings...lng story,) attend a co-dependent support group run by my therapist in her office--so not open to public, i have been attending church, bible studies, reading my bible, reading Proverbs daily (like today is the 18th so i read prov:18,) & LOTS AND LOTS OF PRAYERS TO GOD!

i hope i can handle all of wht is coming.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Unhappy

man i have anxiety today!!! juan has 6 months at rehab. man my chest feels bad.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Question 6 month mark... in rehab! Husband out in a week.

Im gettin so worried...afraid of the future. I dont feel proud of this.. but i am just sick!!!! Today, 6 months ago i dropped him off at the rehab.

I am scared of the same behavior. Im fearful that i will have to walk on eggshells. And do not want my kids to have to suffer.. even tho some issues w/his daughter have come up and he has said he will not stand for her to be hurt. Well duh... dont have that in mind. Wrote back that i am glad he thinks that way, i dont want mine hurt either!!