I have moved on, why can't he?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have moved on, why can't he?

Seriously. He has a girlfriend that he is living with and her 4 kids should be keeping him busy. So why is he continueing to try and find me and harass me? Last thursday he came to town for court. So while he was here he phoned the police to try and get them to give him my address so he could "pick up his mail." I of course don't have his mail and he knows this. It is just his way of trying to get my address. Then yesterday he emails me. I forwarded it to the probation officer and also to my lawyer and called the police. The police officer I spoke to was really nasty. He said as long as they can't put him in front of the computer sending it that they can't arrest him on breach. Then he went on to say that unless he shows up at my door they are not going to do anything. WHAT. This man has strangled me twice, assualted me and my children on countless occaision, there is a no contact order where he can't contact me in anyway or have someone contact me for him. But I should wait till he shows up at my house, where he can break in and hurt me for the police to do anything? ARGGG. He has broken windows and doors before to get to me and the kids.

I have moved on. I want nothing to do with him. My therapist and my group meetings have helped me to start my life in the right direction. I don't want him and his destructive influence in my life anymore. He is my past and I want him to remain there. My lawyer contacted me this morning and verified what I had thought that he is in breach. And she wants me to contact the crown prosecuter today also. So I will be doing that. It is just so frustrating that he won't let go.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

The police officer I spoke to was really nasty. He said as long as they can't put him in front of the computer sending it that they can't arrest him on breach. Then he went on to say that unless he shows up at my door they are not going to do anything. WHAT.
Please stay VIGILANT for your own safety.

As to that particular 'police officer', I would report him to his supervisor. Sounds like he was having a "PMS Day". Jerk. No, on second thought I would file a WRITTEN COMPLAINT, with a copy of the No Contact Order attached, to his supervisior, with a copy to their "Internal Affairs" division, and a copy to your X's P.O. (it could just get him locked back up). That's just me, but I learned a long time ago about CYA and I don't mean Catholic Youth Association, lol

You, stay safe, anyway you can.

As to the email, I thought you changed your email and closed the address he had?

If not, please do, then you will get no contact from him that way either.

I am happy that you have moved on, but sad that you cannot yet 'breathe easy' so to speak. I hope you also have someone that you trust, that calls you everyday, preferably during a specific time period and who knows that if you do not answer, or return their call in X number of minutes that they should contact the police.

Won't be forever, but based on his history, just an extra precaution for a while yet.

Please continue to let us know how you are doing, which by the way, your example is a great one for others to see it can be done! We do care so very much.

Love and hugs,
Old 06-17-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
As to that particular 'police officer', I would report him to his supervisor....
Nikki, if you feel a volcano about to erupt inside you, dealing with him is a constructive way to blow off some steam

It's a great thing you have an attorney and I pray you find calm waters soon.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

praying that someday, some how - you will be free from him bothering you and that the proper authorities will protect you as they are ordered to do!

HUGS,
Rita
Old 06-17-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

His probation officer emailed me back to let me know he forwarded the email to the probation officer in my husbands town who is supervising him. Hopefully his new probation officer will get him under control so he will leave me alone so I can finally breath and feel safe.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks but I live in Canada. I plan to continue to be proactive till he stops and my life is back to a quiet normal. My life will be happiest when all this stops and I no longer feel like I have to have eyes in the back of my head.