And....here's the story

Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And....here's the story

Thanks everyone for getting back to my post. It just so happens last night I was doing laundry and was putting my AB socks in his sock drawer and one sock felt hard and sounded crinckly. So happens I find a small vile of atropine sulfate, some glass thing with a dip in the top and bottom (wasn't a pipe though) and an empty cigarette sulffaine wrapper with nothing in it. I got sick to my stomach and didn't know whether to take it out to him and ask about it or take it myself and see if he asks for it or just say to hell with it. I went with option 2 and I put it all in a bag and stuck it in my drawer. If he doesn't want me to know about it...you think he will really ask for it back? I know all this is wrong behavior but just looking for people who understand. What would yinz have done?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks cynical one for getting back. Like I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm still kinda new to all this and I'm a sad case. I don't know what else to say. I suppose you're right. I should just put it out and figure, the hell with it. Either way when he goes to look for it, he will know that I know. You are right, it is not mine to hide or keep. Was just wondering if it would put a clue in his brain that I know what he's doing. I know that does not matter. It is all me. To just set it out in the open would open a can of drama and agrument that I'm not willing to go into right today. And as far as boundaries...I suppose I never really set any. I know I'm an idiot and I do need ALOT of work. Just wanted different opinions from different people in situations like mine. Thanks for sharing yours and if you have anymore advice...please share away. Thanks again.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gosh - unfortunately - I agree. Leave it in plain sight - so he knows you found it.

My advice would also be to say very little. And whatever he says - no matter how he says it - sweet/kind or mean/nasty - he is quacking. Try hard not to "react" - say as little as possible. Keep your distance..... and so that will give you time to calm down and will limit your reacting emotionally.

You have support here - go to an alanon meeting if you can.

I'm so sorry..... I know all too well that sick feeling in the pit of the stomach.

I've never heard of that ..... but I looked it up by googling the uses of it. It came up with this: http://www.healthsquare.com/drugs/52228.htm

Atropine works by widening (dilating) the pupil of the eye. - Which makes sense because opiates/pain pills make the eyes like pin point.

So - his story as to why he is using it will be interesting. REMEMBER - he is more than likely going to be quacking.

Hang in there...... stay close..... you have support.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abundance View Post

Atropine works by widening (dilating) the pupil of the eye. - Which makes sense because opiates/pain pills make the eyes like pin points.

OMG the lengths they will go to LMAO.