A year ago was the intervention.....

Old 06-02-2009, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A year ago was the intervention.....

and then rehab for 30 days.

When I think back to the state I was in..... what a difference today.

I STILL am in a state... slowly, but surely - I do feel that there has been some progress... just not perfection. Lots of growth - that is for sure!

I feel that now - I'm suffering with the PTSD from it all. I'm grateful to be dealing with it, as well.

It wasn't only because of the addict in my life - that got me here ....... it was my "reaction" and sickness within that got me to reach out and seek help. It drove me batty that I couldn't fix him...... but it gave me relief knowing that I could fix/control myself.

I feel like I'm getting to know myself all over again...... and I know I say this a lot..... but I just want to thank you all for being with me on this journey. Sometimes, I must come across like I have the thickest head ever.... but all of your support and ongoing ESH ..... I just can't thank you enough.

WOW..... a year ago my guy was in rehab... and my assessment thus far is the following:

The year he was in addiction prior - his addiction fed my addiction! I totally and completely lost myself and I became addicted to him! Now, in the last year - since I have been doing recovery - it is so much harder on me personally - because while I have had some ups and downs still with my guy- I have primarily been busting my butt to keep the focus on me.... which is not the easiest.

My join date; however, is *my* date of seeking help/stepping into recovery - which is 6 months before he went to rehab.

Some of the folks from rehab want to get together for an alum gathering. We have been invited.... but he isn't showing signs of wanting to go. A good lot of the bunch have stayed sober... statistics freak me out though - so it's irrelevant to me.

Anywho - I just thought I'd share that it has been a year since rehab.

~ Peace and Love ~

xoxoxo
Old 06-02-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abundance View Post
slowly, but surely - I do feel that there has been some progress... just not perfection. Lots of growth - that is for sure!

I feel like I'm getting to know myself all over again......

I have primarily been busting my butt to keep the focus on me....

Good stuff ~ keep moving forward - already you can see the progress, just imagine where you could be in another year!