AS is coming home

Old 06-02-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AS is coming home

i'm still thinking i must be having a nightmare because i just got a call from son's PO - she said the state just put out notice that all funding for placements have been dropped and he's going to have to come home.

i'm in shock - i have no idea what to think - he was supposed to head out there tomorrow morning and now it sounds like he will be home before the week is out. please pray for strength for me - i have to put it in God's hands and have faith that he has a plan here even though i cant see it.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Winnie......... your not kidding....right?
Old 06-02-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Is it possible to find some kind of group home type place for him to live? I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. Please know that so many of us care about you. (((((HUGS)))))
Old 06-02-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I don't know what to say right now.

However, prayers are headed your way right now.

I believe HP has something else in store for your son and you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love and hugs,
Old 06-02-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm speechless.....I'm so sorry to hear this. Huge hugs and prayers

Last edited by Seren; 08-29-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((Winnie)))
I'm so sorry for this last turn of events...
Old 06-02-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeedingHelp7 View Post
Winnie......... your not kidding....right?
nope - not kidding - wish i was
i wish i could understand HP's plan in all of this but i just cant see it right now.
i am working on a backup plan for him to stay with a family friend if it gets out of control.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't know what to say winnie except you have my prayers.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BBD

Life has a way of throwing in these loopholes we just don't want to deal with but with hope and prayers~~I'm sure things will work out for you winnie. I'm doing my best to deal with life with a positive attitude lately with hopes that we can all be happy. Lots of positive energy floating your way. Bonnie
Old 06-02-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That is really rough. It's good that you have a back up plan though.

I'm thinking about you.

KariSue
Old 06-02-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Speechless here too!

:ghug :ghug
Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Saying prayers right now Winnie for you and your children. Oftentimes I had to let go of the why behind HP's plan and just go with blind faith. In hindsight, it always worked. Prayers for clarity, strength, acceptance and comfort.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Winnie,

I am just heartbroken for you. I was so hoping this Ranch was going to really help him. I wish, I lived closer and could be more support for you, I am just so sorry. I will be praying something changes with the funding till the end of the week and if not that you have the strength to deal with it all. Hey, do they still farm kids out like they used to in the old days send him to an Amish family's house to work for the summer. (((Hugs)))
Old 06-02-2009, 08:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((Winnie)))

aww, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I've been so wrapped up in my own stuff, I haven't been around much and just checked in.

This is one of those times I'm seriously questioning HP's reasoning on this. I'm sure he HAS a reason, but it's way beyond me.

Stuff is finally starting to settle down for me, so if you want me to, I'll come over and get to know the "little darling". I'm not very easily manipulated (at least not if they're not related to me ) nor intimidated by tough-guy wannabe's, so just let me know. Anvil has taught me well

Huge hugs and prayers coming your way, sweetie.

Amy
Old 06-03-2009, 03:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Winnie, Sending some prayers that a better solution for your son and you will be just around the corner. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Impurrfect;2248151This is one of those times I'm seriously questioning HP's reasoning on this. I'm sure he HAS a reason, but it's way beyond me.[/QUOTE]

This is almost word for word what i said to my parents yesterday. I'm just going to take it day by day. My one bright light in this is a friend that is offering to take him for a while - PO is agreeing but we'll probably need to wait a few weeks for that - i'm just going to wait and see what kind of outpatient help she can get for him. I just have to keep the faith now and know that there HP is wiser than me and trust his plans even though they are not mine. one day at a time.

Amy i may take you up on meeting him - you have a lot of knowledge of the road he's taking - at a minimum your story might help him to see the reality of his choices.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Winnie so sorry to hear about your son's situation. I know that its very hard to understand what is happening and why.

Please try to remember that when God closes one door He also OPENS another. Saying prayers for you and your son and hoping the door will be opened soon enough....
Old 06-03-2009, 05:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Winnie, -- So sorry for you and your son - stay strong - no real words of wisdom - just prayers and hoping for some good to come from this sudden change. Best Wishes...
Old 06-03-2009, 05:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

keep your faith & do not give up hope. things have a way of working out. hugs & prayers,
Old 06-03-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I do need some advice here.

I'm starting to think that this is a test for me just as much for him. I'm thinking about my boundaries that i need to set and what i truly feel is that they are more about me keeping my home peaceful then about what he does. I have come so far and i'm just not willing to go back to the craziness or take steps backwards in my own recovery - i dont ever want to return to that out of control person i was before. I want him to work around our peaceful life instead of us working around all his problems. i'm not sure how to word this to him in a boundary so i may instead try to explain to him what our life is like now - basically its simple and peaceful - there are no screaming matches or crazy surprises - just me and my daughter living together in cooperation - each doing what they are suppposed to do and each taking time and having special things just for them. i think its time for him to fit our home instead of our home centering around him. Basically i guess what i'm saying is that things have to center around the family unit instead of around one individual.

Anyone have any ideas on how to put this into a boundary that could be understood by a 16 yo addict? or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

also - i have the added stress that counsequences are tough to determine - i cant legally throw him out so that is off the table. I can send him to stay with someone else but that's not really something i think he'll see as a consequence as much as an escape plan. I have also had a very difficult time with consquences because in the past he just refuses them.

Ideas anyone???? Gotta get my head together fast because this could happen at any moment.