OT-finally have a bone scan scheduled for my fat foot...

Old 05-28-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT-finally have a bone scan scheduled for my fat foot...

Next Tuesday! :wtf2

It's been a month now since my graceful ballet down the basement steps. I guess a few more days won't hurt, huh?

At least the weather is warm, I'm home most of the time, and am barefoot because I still can't stand to wear my tennis shoes or my Crocs because they both hurt that foot, just in different places.

I'd really like to have a non-fat, non-tender foot one of these days!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had no idea your poor foot was still sick! I'm so sorry. It sounds strange to say but I hope the bone scan is abnormal so you can get the bottom of your ailing appendage.

I'll be thinking of you.

What's the thought on why it's still painful and swollen?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Not being a Dr here, roflmao, but from my own personal experiences, sounds like you may be wearing a CAD boot, for torn ligaments and tendons. I hope not, I hope it's a bone spur or a fracture that is healing crooked.

Either way, lots of healing thoughts and prayers heading your way from NM.

and

Lots of love and bunches of hugs,
Old 05-28-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'll send you some of my bunny slippers Freedom, guaranteed to bring your comfort.

Hope you are feeling better soon
Old 05-28-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
I had no idea your poor foot was still sick! I'm so sorry. It sounds strange to say but I hope the bone scan is abnormal so you can get the bottom of your ailing appendage.

I'll be thinking of you.

What's the thought on why it's still painful and swollen?
Considering all the small bones in the foot, he's thinking I may have a stress fracture, which won't show up on an xray. I did have xrays last Thursday, which showed nothing.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
Not being a Dr here, roflmao, but from my own personal experiences, sounds like you may be wearing a CAD boot, for torn ligaments and tendons.
Are those fashionable? Do they come in different colors? I do have to keep up appearances you know!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Are those fashionable? Do they come in different colors? I do have to keep up appearances you know!
Do you wear a lot of blue?????

The only ones I have seen are in a dark blue, not a navy more a deep blue.

Foot - heel - B&Co - Ortho-Medico

Cam Walker Boot - Fracture CamWalker Boots | CHEAPEST - DME−Direct.com

Sorry, not very 'fashionable' however, they do have GREAT advantages over a cast ........................ ie removal for scratching, showering, etc

Again good healing thoughts and prayers headed your way from NM.

Love and hugs,
Old 05-28-2009, 08:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((DeVon))) - I certainly hope they find out what is wrong and FIX IT!!! Ask them if, while you're in there, can they give your thyroid a little zippity-doo-da? Might as well get both problems fixed at once, right?

Healing hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-28-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm so sorry to hear of the still bum foot! Sounds like a great excuse to indulge in ice cream to me!

Hope your scan gets to the bottom of things....so to speak....!

Hugs, HG
Old 05-29-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like Laurie said, I found "the boot" a zillion times better than the hard cast...I could take it off and scratch when I needed to scratch, no garbage bags and duct tape to bathe and to me, it really was quite fashionable, lol One word of caution though, if you have to have one, find out if you are supposed to wear it sleeping. After several months in a hard cast, when i "graduated" to a boot, I just assumed I could take it off each night. A month later the doc said, gee I was hoping i could tell you you could start taking it off at night, but it isn't quite healed to that point yet. (duh...maybe 'cause I didn't keep it on all night like I shoulda??)

Anyway, i hope the bone scan gets to the bottom of what is giving you fatfoot and that you are soon on the mend!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm the queen of foot problems - i had to wear a boot several times - they help a lot - the big thing is they have a hard bottom so it keeps the bones in your foot from moving. you can actually get small ones at some drug stores. Slippers also are great - lots of slippers now come in styles that actually look like shoes - i wore slippers for months after my foot surgery. be careful going barefoot because Murphey's law says you're just going to hit it on something. I found that ice and ibuprophen helped a great deal because it takes out swelling. but the bad news is that feet take a long time to heal because we're standing on them all the time. the more you can get off your foot and keep it elevated the quicker its going to heal. so at least at night take some ibuprophen prop up that foot and put an ice pack on it.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

I hope you feel better!!! I'll be thinking about you!:ghug3
Old 05-29-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Optimist

hope you get some relief