Wishing

Old 05-27-2009, 11:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mis

Wishing

I could wake up tomorrow and alcoholism, drug addiction, and more didn't plague most of my family. Its so painful and I just want to be happy. Trying to not care so much and be so sensitive and find happiness within myself despite these obstacles.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mis

Ive definitely gotten to the point where trust is a big issue for me. So used to being let down, not sure i can trust. And that makes me so sad...
Old 05-27-2009, 11:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wish your wish,comes true.. Oz..
Old 05-28-2009, 01:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Mis View Post
I could wake up tomorrow and alcoholism, drug addiction, and more didn't plague most of my family. Its so painful and I just want to be happy. Trying to not care so much and be so sensitive and find happiness within myself despite these obstacles.

Have you tried any meetings? Naranon, Alanon or CoDA? Meetings didn't change addiction, but they changed me and my perspective. Gave me my life back in spite of the chaos around me.

I feel your pain and hope you stick around and grab some of the good stuff that this site is made of.

Hugs
Old 05-28-2009, 01:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending comfort your way, Mis.

It is painful. And it is true that you cannot trust, when addiction is involved.

My prayer for you is that your life becomes a little wider, the door a bit more open, so that loving, trustworthy people are the constant in your life, no matter how many addicts are orbiting around you.

The world is filled with people who will not hurt you. When you begin to recover from the effects addicted people have had on your life, you will begin to find more and more loving, stable people.

Have you found an Al-Anon meeting you like?

Someone once said,
"It's not what the addict does that will make or break you. It's what you do."

So, good luck, sweetie, as you start your journey to find love and trust. Everyone here will support you every step of the way.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((mis)))) working this program is what gave me my sanity back & life is good today.
it is one day at a time but it will get you there. prayers,
Old 05-28-2009, 05:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I want to stand with you and wish the same thing. But since it prolly wouldnt help I think it is better that I just wish that you and me can learn how to deal with it and not let ourselves get sucked in.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mis

yeah, i do want to find a meeting in my area. You guys are right I think that could be very helpful. I know I'm not the only one that experiences the effects of people that struggle with addiction. Sometimes it just can feel that way. Thank you for the support.