rampant Oxy abuse in Ontario town

Old 05-26-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

rampant Oxy abuse in Ontario town

Anyone living in Ontario probably already knows all about this horrible kidnapping/murder, but as the story came out over the weeks it was suprising to find out how much of a big Oxy addiction problem Woodstock has.
TheStar.com | Ontario | Tori case casts light on Woodstock's drug habit

I wonder...why Woodstock? Why does this drug become a major problem is some places and not others?
Anyway, glad to see that the Oxycontin problem in Ontario has finally been picked up by the government and the news media the last few months. Thought it might be of interest to people here.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think Woodstock is any different from any other town/city in the world. I live northeast of Woodstock in a city of 200,000 and it's rampant here. I only know about it from my involvement with other addicts in the rooms - unless these things make it into the media, as with this case, the average Joe doesn't hear about it.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

Originally Posted by OhBrother View Post
Anyone living in Ontario probably already knows all about this horrible kidnapping/murder, but as the story came out over the weeks it was suprising to find out how much of a big Oxy addiction problem Woodstock has.
TheStar.com | Ontario | Tori case casts light on Woodstock's drug habit

I wonder...why Woodstock? Why does this drug become a major problem is some places and not others?
Anyway, glad to see that the Oxycontin problem in Ontario has finally been picked up by the government and the news media the last few months. Thought it might be of interest to people here.
Opiates(OC and heroin) have pretty much became the premier drug of choice among users today all over the world. I read an article recently in the daily news (new york newspaper) about how rehab centers all throughout the tri-state area reported that the number of opiate addicts admitted to their facility had increased by almost 40% while the number of coke + crack addicts // alcoholics were on the decline.

These things happen in waves just like how during the late 80s and early 90s it was all about crack and not many people were into opiates. Now it has reversed.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oxy is the big thing in my sons school right now, unreal how many of them are going around and how many young kids are dying from them. My son was on them for a short time and it took him days of getting sick, muscle cramps, chills, sweats to get them out of his system. A very scary drug in the wrong hands.